More threads by CoRichardson

CoRichardson

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm dealing with a strange issue that I've been trying to get addressed since early March with no success. One of our clients (see info at the bottom of this post) has the wrong information on their Knowledge Panel. Their address is incorrect even though it's correct on the back-end of GMB AND a rogue customer edit has them listed as located in "Kimberly Court Apartments," which is also incorrect. I have tried the following:

- Submitted a ticket to GMB Support in early March. Still no response as of 7/17.

- Reached out to social media support right before it was suspended due to COVID. Unfortunately, it was suspended about a week later and they never got back to me. I have tried to reach out 4 times since, and every time I get the "temporarily suspended" automatic message.

- Submitted a customer edit (from multiple accounts) correcting the address. No success. Note: Naturally, I also edited the address on our dashboard, even though it didn't need to be edited, in the hopes that it was just "stuck" for some reason, but nothing changed.

- Submitted a customer edit (from multiple accounts) correcting the map marker, which was off. This was successful, but it has since reverted back, so it's incorrect again.

- Submitted a customer edit (from multiple accounts) correcting the "Located in" incorrect info. No success.

- Asked this question (verbatim---luckily I saved it) in the Google My Business Help Community, but it looks like Google removed it:
1594993195754.png

Can anyone provide any insight on what I can possibly do beyond this point? The client is getting irritated that the issue is not being addressed and I am beyond frustrated. Thanks so much for any and all insight!

1. Business Name: Fixari Family Dental
2. Business Address: 4241 Kimberly Pkwy, Columbus, OH 43232
3. Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=1219855627553440514&authuser=2&_ga=2.168813798.654807615.1593434981-943219833.1570719158

1594993352422.png

Hi @CoRichardson,

Not sure if it will help but I also suggested an edit and removed the address of Kimberly Court Apartments from the "located within" field.

Screenshot_2020-07-18_at_14_47_21.png

There is also another Fixari Family Dental location, unclaimed, without business information, without reviews, photos called "Fixari Family Dental: Namazi Hamid DDS" but with a link to your homepage.

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 14.44.13.png

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 15.07.04.png

Further info, from 1 year ago: Using 'Located within' for multi-location businesses - Local Search Forum

Hi @CoRichardson,

Not sure if it will help but I also suggested an edit and removed the address of Kimberly Court Apartments from the "located within" field.

Screenshot_2020-07-18_at_14_47_21.png

There is also another Fixari Family Dental location, unclaimed, without business information, without reviews, photos called "Fixari Family Dental: Namazi Hamid DDS" but with a link to your homepage.

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 14.44.13.png

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 15.07.04.png

Further info, from 1 year ago: Using 'Located within' for multi-location businesses - Local Search Forum

Thank you so much! I will see what I can do about that other listing as well. I appreciate you pointing that out to me.

Hi everyone, the issue has been resolved! I never heard back from Google Support, but something must have worked because the incorrect "Located in" information has been removed. Thank you all for your advice.

Hi everybody! I hate to restart this thread again, but I'm having a similar issue with another client! Since the other issue was resolved so quickly last time, I thought I'd pick your brains again. I really appreciate any and all insight.

On the client's Knowledge Panel, it says that he is located in Columbus Ophthalmology Associates. This business is located in the same building as him, but he's obviously not physically located in their office and he is not affiliated with them whatsoever. Columbus Ophthalmology Associates also does not own the building.

1597349850512.png

I submitted a support ticket to Google My Business in early July asking for them to remove the incorrect info, and I haven't received a response back yet, despite it being over a month later. I also sent in multiple customer edits from multiple accounts (I even enlisted my co-workers!), with no luck.

Here's all the info I think you may need, but let me know if there's anything I'm missing or if you have any further questions:

1. Business Name - Dublin Prosthodontics: Mohamed Abdelhamed, DDS
2. Business Address: 5155 Bradenton Ave Suite 110, Dublin, OH 43017
3. Maps URL: Dublin Prosthodontics: Mohamed Abdelhamed, DDS

Note: His website is currently under construction (that's why there is no URL on his Knowledge Panel)---please don't ask me why we can't get a temporary page set-up to direct customers to....it's a long story and I will just vent for hours (lol).

Thank you so much!

@CoRichardson, have you also tried pulling up the knowledge panel, clicking the "Know this place? Share the latest info" link, and answering the "Is this place inside Columbus Ophthalmology Associates" question?

I'd suggest doing that, and enlisting a few other people to do the same.

(I just did it, too.)

@CoRichardson, have you also tried pulling up the knowledge panel, clicking the "Know this place? Share the latest info" link, and answering the "Is this place inside Columbus Ophthalmology Associates" question?

I'd suggest doing that, and enlisting a few other people to do the same.

(I just did it, too.)

Thanks, Phil! I appreciate it. This might have an obvious answer (sorry), but how do I trigger that question? I know I've seen it many times before, but it doesn't always appear when I'm looking at a Knowledge Panel. I've tried from a few accounts this morning and I don't see it.

If you go to Google Maps and click Suggest an Edit, simply remove this from the field (leave it blank).

I just did this but it will help if others do too.

located in wrong.png

If you go to Google Maps and click Suggest an Edit, simply remove this from the field (leave it blank).

I just did this but it will help if others do too.

located in wrong.png

Thanks, Joy! So sorry for not being clear in my post. That's actually what I've been doing for awhile now (and with the help of my co-workers). I really appreciate you adding your edit too! Fingers crossed if we just keep at it, Google will remove the info soon.

You should also be able to get Google support to remove it if that doesn't work. You can contact them here: Sign in - Google Accounts

Just make sure you respond to the auto-responder when you get it after submitting that form.

Thanks, Phil! I appreciate it. This might have an obvious answer (sorry), but how do I trigger that question? I know I've seen it many times before, but it doesn't always appear when I'm looking at a Knowledge Panel. I've tried from a few accounts this morning and I don't see it.

Good question. The account may need to be a certain "level" of Local Guide, or it may only appear when someone has submitted a recent public edit that Google wants to verify.

Pretty sure it's the latter, but perhaps someone here who's paid more attention than I have can confirm or correct that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom