More threads by jvaquino

Reaction score
Good Day,

Can someone give me an advice on what action will I do on this problem. Thanks in advance! Here is the problem:

I have this AC Repair client in Humble TX. I created a now verified their Google MyBusiness Page and everything is correct until my client noticed that the pin marker on the live page is incorrect. I checked the backend and even did a Google map search of his business and saw that the marker is in the correct place.

I am thinking to contact support, but because I am not updated of the latest changes on Google MyBusiness, I tried moving the marker on the back end even if it is correct (just tiny drag and drop). And the worst thing happen is it trigger postcard verification (sigh), because we just got the PIN when we created it and now we requested another PIN. I dunno that moving the marker triggers the verification, before you can move the marker anywhere you want without doing any verification.

Contact support, They can sometimes address issues like this and update your location on a map.

You may also want to try updating the listing using MapMaker

AC Repair? Shouldn't they have their address hidden anyway? Or do they have a physical location where clients can show-up and get service?

Ya I'm thinking if it's set up correctly Google already hid address.

If thats the case, the marker will not be correct and should not be. It will be in the middle of the service area depending on how it's set up.

Is address showing? It should not be. It's violation if it is. Unless staffed full time for walk in traffic and commercial office.

Commercial locations that are open to the public and staffed during business hours are not required to select the option to hide their address. Google may at their own discretion choose to override those settings.

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Oh, sorry Linda. Guess that's what you said.

Here is the G+ listing so you guys can personally check it https://plus.google.com/103330111662360524146/about

Google Maps 2014-06-28 13-54-55.png

Google Maps 2014-06-28 13-54-55.png

I used to live right down the street so I know that area very well. Still remember shooting fireworks in the field next to business just couple of years ago, good times.

If the marker is showing correctly inside the GMB Dashboard when you open the address edit section, then making the edit there is probably not the right place.

I made an edit via Edit Details, that's really the preferred step prior to contacting support. It creates a work report for the team to look at.

Let's see what happens.

I made an edit via Edit Details, that's really the preferred step prior to contacting support. It creates a work report for the team to look at.

Let's see what happens.

Thanks Keenan! I will definitely try that!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom