More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
We have a client that is a mental health practice chain with locations across the state. They have mentioned the desire to have all of their practitioners have Google My Business listings. The thing is that their practitioners run the gamut from MDs and PhDs to counselors and social workers. My question is this: Is there a clear definition of who is allowed a practitioner listing and who isn't? Do I run the risk of getting my client penalized by adding all 160 practitioners?

Hey @FriarTuck00 There isn't a clear definition or list of who qualifies.

From our experience, the following are business types that are [generally] allowed practitioner listings:

• Doctors – any type such as physicians, dentists, chiropractors, therapists, etc.
  • Attorneys
  • Realtors
  • Mortgage Brokers
  • Insurance Agents/Brokers
  • Soft medicine practitioners such as massage therapists, dental hygienists, and registered nurses
  • Music instructors
  • Tutors
  • Hairdressers
  • Tattoo artists
If you’re wondering if a person is allowed a practitioner listing, ask yourself if they do the following:

1. Have a direct relationship with customers where customers would request them by name (such as a hairdresser).
  2. Have schedules that sometimes vary from the normal hours of the business they work for.
  3. Have a business category in GMB that accurately describes what they do.
  4. Have their own prices set.
  5. Sometimes work out of different locations.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom