More threads by Greg

Greg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently completed a new listing for a client and just received the Google postcard with the verification pin.

So, signed in with the Gmail account that I had created to start the process. Entered the web address www.google.com/local/verify into a new browser tab and entered the pin. However, a message comes up saying that the email address I used is NOT associated with the G+Business listing.

Now for the G+Business listing, I used the actual address that prospective clients can use to contact the business owner i.e. info@businessname.co.za (example) which is based on the business URL.

How do I get around this?

Surely Google should realise that you will use the best email address (which is based on your website URL) for the listing...

Any ideas on fastest way to resolve this.
Regards

Greg

You always need to verify with the email that the account is attached to.

You always need to verify with the email that the account is attached to.

Thanks Linda,

This may sound stupid but let me ask anyway....

Unless I am missing something incredibly obvious here, that is what I'm trying to do.

This is what Google says:

[h=1]Account for entering your PIN[/h]You must be signed in with the same account you used to request your PIN postcard when you are entering your PIN online. If you have multiple Google accounts, you canswitch to the proper account and then try inputting your PIN again.

- Opened the process with a GMail account.
- Opened G+ account linked to Gmail account
- Opened G+Business in same way (but in the business information I used the info@business.co.za email address)

But now Google is saying this during Verification process:
You have no businesses pending verification for fernglencottage@gmail.com.

Did you use a different email address when you requested your PIN?
Learn more

Any advice please????

Regards
Greg

Greg sorry I misunderstood when you said you entered a different email.

Here are the step by step instructions - but sounds like that's what you are doing.
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2609871?hl=en&ref_topic=2661706

I just found a G+ verification troubleshooter and it says you have to be logged into the right account and if you think you are and still can't get in:

Try requesting another PIN:

Make sure you?re signed in to Google+ account.
Go to http://plus.google.com/pages/manage and select the page you?d like to verify.
Hover over Unverified next to your business name, and then choose Request another PIN.

So sorry, I don't deal with G+ issues much. I searched and searched though and that's all I could come up with.

Greg sorry I misunderstood when you said you entered a different email.

Here are the step by step instructions - but sounds like that's what you are doing.
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2609871?hl=en&ref_topic=2661706

I just found a G+ verification troubleshooter and it says you have to be logged into the right account and if you think you are and still can't get in:

Try requesting another PIN:

Make sure you?re signed in to Google+ account.
Go to http://plus.google.com/pages/manage and select the page you?d like to verify.
Hover over Unverified next to your business name, and then choose Request another PIN.

So sorry, I don't deal with G+ issues much. I searched and searched though and that's all I could come up with.

Thanks Linda,

Still waiting for the new pin to arrive...

Been wondering about this...Do you think it is possible to start again by re-registering the G+B account by associating it with a new email for the business?

Regards

Greg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom