More threads by jared.ray

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got a franchise client with locations across the U.S. One of the franchisees in Mount Pleasant, SC has been getting calls from people not in their territory (a common issue we run into). The client's concern is that under the organic listing, there are a few seemingly-irrelevant sitelinks. Namely, there is a sitelink for one of the Tampa, FL franchisees. The idea that Google thinks that the Tampa location is a relevant search result, when it actually sits two states away from the location of the searcher, is a bit laughable. I should also note that another South Carolina-based franchisee shows up in the same organic listing (Summerville), and there are about 5-6 franchisees that sit geographically in between the Tampa location and the Mount Pleasant location.

Any ideas about what might be causing the Tampa location to show up for a searcher in South Carolina?

Usually it's due to internal link structure. I'd check to see if any pages link to both those pages or if they link to each other in any way.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom