More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I remember that last fall we received an email notification that one of our clients had received a new Question in their GMB business profile. Yesterday I discovered that one of our other clients had received a Question in their GMB profile (for which we are the primary owner) and we received NO notification about the Question from Google.

What's the current state of Question notification from Google?

@Tim Colling, I've been getting notifications for new GMB questions. Not sure how many (if any) questions weren't accompanied by a notification, though.

We have never received notification of a published question. We do on occasion receive a email notifying us that someone has answered a question (Local Guides). It is painfully inconsistent and definitely puts us in disadvantaged state.

Notifications for Q&A have always been kinda hit and miss. The good news is now that Q&A is in the API I am confident monitoring tools will come out. Or you can use GatherUp of course.

We are still getting notified. Are you still getting other types of notifications like ones for reviews Tim?

We are still getting notified. Are you still getting other types of notifications like ones for reviews Tim?

Yes, we are. Many of our clients are health care SMBs who don't receive many GMB Q&A questions, so for us it doesn't come up very often. This is the first time in a while, though, where we received no notice from Google. If it's an anomaly, that is actually good news.

Notifications for Q&A have always been kinda hit and miss. The good news is now that Q&A is in the API I am confident monitoring tools will come out. Or you can use GatherUp of course.
I hope you're right Ben, been waiting a long time. We don't use the API.

We have a medical facility with 140 locations and NO notifications which is ludicrous. We have people answering medically related questions who are local guides. Is there any chance Google will not allow these questions to be asked on such type of businesses and/or at least notify you with an email. My understanding is they only notify you if you have less than something like 50 locations in your dashboard.

We have people answering medically related questions who are local guides.
... or disgruntled former patients or employees, sometimes.

It's pretty frustrating, isn't it?

Yes very frustrating. At least give the business owners the notification. THey shouldnt have to spend time auditing these pages for questions.

Yes very frustrating. At least give the business owners the notification. THey shouldnt have to spend time auditing these pages for questions.
You almost get the feeling that Google doesn't care. Oh wait a minute, that's right, they don't. :mad:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom