Is it possible to change my Google + URL?

Bishop

Forum Member
I changed my business name, but my url still includes my old business name.
Is it possible to change it? Should I contact google places support?

Keenan Glass

Forum Member
At the moment it is not possible to change or request a different custom url, contacting Support won't help you.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
I noticed yesterday that there is an option to edit the "custom" URL in the G+ dash. I haven't tried it out yet, but I assume that's a recently added option?

Linda Buquet

It says "display format" and as in the example I think it's just caps, etc.

I mean you could try, but I don't think it would work.

Just found this, on the custom URL help page and I think it's referring to the edit box Colan posted.

If you want to change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:

Go to the "Links" section of your Google+ Profile or Page.
A box will appear allowing you to make edits to the formatting.
Remember, you can only change the capitalization and diacritics of the URL, not the URL itself.

Google is offering me google.com/+CatalysteMarketingSanMarcos. CatalysteMarketing I would think is unique enough they should not have to tack on city. Since I don't want to brand for my little town, I'm skipping it.

Keenan Glass

Forum Member
Yes, the edit button is so you can change the capitalization or if you have funky foreign language letters.

I think local pages are getting shafted when offered custom urls with the local addendum where company pages are more likely to be offered a custom url without it.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group