More threads by Van-SEO

Van-SEO

Reaction score
Hello, my wife and I are fairly new to the local SEO game but we have about 14 clients we manage. We find that we have to log in to our client's Google accounts at various times throughout the month as we work on citations and such. Each time we do (even though it is on the same machine), Google is throwing up flags and wants to send out the confirmation text / call. However, many of the company owners we deal with are not available to confirm or are growing tired of us making them confirm all the time. So my question is, is there a way to achieve some sort of Google Certification that sets us up as "trustworthy account managers" that will allow us continued access into various accounts without getting a confirmation to sign in each time? Any tips or tricks are appreciated.

It won't help with all 14 of your clients, but you should do what I, and I'm sure many others do), use a different browser for each client. So use Chrome, Firefox, SeaMonkey, Edge, Opera etc.

That way you won't be asked for so many verification tests.

Or surely there's an option where they add you as a verified user on their account?

Steve

Hi there!

You can ask your clients if it is ok to turn off the two step verification they have active on their accounts, or you can use your own login that is added as a manager on the business listings. I'd say using your own login is the best option - that way you don't have to keep using theirs. If you have a lot of businesses that you are managing, you may want to use the Agency dashboard.

@Cherie Dickey, that's what I do, but I worry about having so many client accounts tied to my own GMB login.

Hey @Rich Owings

Yea, I suppose you would eventually come to a point where Google wouldn't let you add anymore like it does with Analytics and Search Console.

What we do here is create an alias login on our domain for each client. Then we create a Google account using that email. Any messages from Google go to a catch all inbox. We also use this email for search console and analytics. You could also create Gmail accounts for each client, and forward those to a single inbox so you don't miss any messages. The down side to this is the verification when a Google account is created... you will eventually run out of phone numbers to use.

I've not yet had a chance to play around with the agency dashboard, so I can't really speak to that, but I know a lot of experts use it. My company chose not to implement it - probably because it would be so time consuming to change our processes and migrate all of our accounts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom