More threads by Dave Cosper

Reaction score
Over the past few days, we?ve been seeing a ramp up in responses like below from Google regarding some of the accounts we manage. In many cases, we are using a newly created Gmail account to re-claim profiles which may have been previously managed by other agencies or individuals.

The below responses from Google are the result of requests we?ve made following unresolved report issues after we noticed periods of no activity. Some of these accounts are new, some old well-established accounts.

Is anyone else foreseeing this as a potential issue if the prior agency or authorized account is unresponsive or unwilling to cooperate?

The default result of inaction is the suspension of the listing(s).

####

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM, <local-help@google.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about a data issue on your [Business Name] local Google+ page. It appears that you are one of 3 verified accounts associated with your listing. This can create data presentation issues. Please get in touch with the other verified owners on your listing in order to streamline your updates.

If you're unable to contact the verified owner of the page directly, we can pass on a message for you. We will need your authorization to share your message and contact information. If you would prefer we do this, feel free to respond with your message to the owner.

We need to confirm that you own or have the authority to represent this business on local Google+ pages. Please complete the following steps in order to do so:

- Respond to this email and carbon copy (CC) a person who has an email address with the relevant business domain. For example, if we were attempting to verify a listing for Google, we?d CC someone with an @google.com email address.
- This person should "reply all" and give written permission for Google to verify the listing. The response can be as simple as ?Please verify the listing in the Google Places account, example@gmail.com."

Doing so will assist us in manually verifying your listing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,

XXXX
The Google+ Local Team

####

Date: May 7, 2013, 10:49:46 PM EDT
To: XXXX <XXXX@XXXXcom>
Cc: EZlocal
Subject: Re: [X-XXXX000000XXX] Google Places for Business Help

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for sending me the confirmation of authority email. If you would like this other email address to have authority over your listing, please remove all of your listings from your @XXXXcom account. Once you have done this, please let me know and I can get to work on getting your listing back up on Maps. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,

XXXX
The Google+ Local Team

Hi Dave,

Yes, dual claimed listings are a suspendable violation and can cause all kinds of different problems as you know. For other's benefit the link below has details about a wide variety of data problems - some that most folks are unaware of that dual claimed listings can cause. http://localsearchforum.catalystema...g-dual-claimed-ranking-penalty-drop-like.html

So for those reasons and probably more - you may have heard, going forward once the new dash rolls out, we won't even be able to claim a listing that's already been claimed, like we've been able to in the past. You'll have to go to support each time to reclaim and I assume there will be some proof/vetting process similar to what you got in the emails above.

Thanks for the quick reply, Linda (and link). Your help is always appreciated.

Dave, glad you asked that question. I have a client that might be facing this issue. Linda, your response, and the previous post about "hidden merged dupes" was very helpful. Thanks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom