More threads by baltimoreseocompany

I would just like to sum up what is being said here for clarification sake. Basically is if you have a business that serves people at their location but do not click hide address you can be suspended pending review? WOW ok seems kinda strange. Anyway. I have a customer with two listings for a service business that, you guessed it only does his service at the customers locations. Both listing I have done the same way but one just(last 4 weeks) got market pending review. Both these listing are over 1 year old. For the location under review he does use a business service as his address. Which is common practice for many businesses. So do I go in to the pending review listing and change the address to 'hide my address'? and resave it?

new problems with google places again..

different client with 3 locations. all locations places page worked fine(2 were google local plus and verified by Google review) for several month..
Last week, all of sudden 2 google local plus pages have been into Review mode..
and local plus pages showing it as verified local business..

Organically sites are doing well..only thing I can think of is Virtual office addresses..

any idea how to get out review mode?

So sorry, missed this post. But if it's still a problem, please post a new help thread with more details. No way for me to advise without more specifics.

But ya in general if virtual addresses that could be it.

I would just like to sum up what is being said here for clarification sake. Basically is if you have a business that serves people at their location but do not click hide address you can be suspended pending review?

No it's MUCH worse. NORMALLY there is no pending, no suspended, no warning. The listings are just totally deleted. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS have been deleted by Google for violating that guideline. Some have been down for months and can't be revived. So it's a super serious deal.

Here are 2 of MANY posts I've written about it.

New Google Places Guideline Hide your Address or Risk Losing your Place Page

Business Listings Deleted by Google - Do Not Support Location Update

Please start a new thread with a little more detail so we can help you and aren't getting everyone mixed up trying to help multiple listings with different problems all in the same thread. And please explain more what you mean about "use a business service as his address." Also if you are OK sharing the link or address, can help us better advise you.

Look forward to helping you in the new thread.

I have read through them and get that point. So I have changed the current active listing I have to 'hide my address' but my question is should I change the listing that is 'Pending being reviewed' and click save.

If it qualifies as a listing that should hide address, yes you should hide it so it's in compliance when the review hits. If he's pending review and going to have eyes on the listing not sure why you would question whether you should get in compliance 1st. I feel like there is maybe an underlying issue I'm missing?

HOWEVER I still don't quite understand this part: "For the location under review he does use a business service as his address". I don't know what "business service" means. If you are saying it's a virtual office or like a UPS store or something then even if you hide address, he could get whacked when they review it if they don't think it's a viable and allowed business location.

One thing that should be noted, and this should be a best practice for any business anytime anywhere. ALWAYS record your urls (Google+ Local and Google Maps) and read this article by Mike B:

A Step By Step To Recover Your Local Search

Having the URL's available for troubleshooting is the equivalent of having the fingerprints to solve a crime.

Back to the original question: "Keep getting Being reviewed after verification"

I thought I'd mentioned a couple times, but maybe not...
I think this may be the new normal.

Jade just told someone at the G forum:
"It's perfectly normal for new pages to be under review/Pending for a while before they go live."

My brand new google places listing has been pending/under review for awhile?

And I've seen her make similar comments recently too.

Update: I just checked on 8 listings that have been pending after verification. They are now "active".

All of them switched from "pending" to "active" in the 5th week.

Anybody else seeing this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom