More threads by Martinus33

Martinus33

Reaction score
Hi,
of course it's not a diligent and really advisable way of rating the competition, but as a quick and dirty way: How useful is the appearance of the keyword in SERP-titles as an indicator for the strength of competition for this keyword?

For example, there is small niche keyword with only 500 queries per month. I thought it would be not too hard to rank on page 1 or 2 in SERPS (just with onpage optimization), but I don't succeed. Checking the SERPs I see almost every snippet within the first 10 pages (100 sites) having the keyword in the snippet.

On the other hand, G always displays a title with the KW in it, even if the KW is only once in plain text. So the occurance of the KW in SERP-titles is not significant at all?

What do you think?

Martinus33

I'm having trouble visualizing. Do you mind putting some screenshot examples (without necessarily giving away your keyword)?

It's very simple. Let's take "shoe polish" as keyword.

As the attached image shows the blue title of every snippet (title tag of site or "self contructed" by G from text parts) contains "shoe polish".

shoe-polish.JPG

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom