More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just curious what the diagnosis is here.

For my client (in a smaller town), if I search "sporting goods stores" while in traverse city, they aren't in the local pack that appears - and show up organically #10.

If I search "sporting goods stores Traverse city" - they show up as #3

I'm guessing the difference is that they are relatively more relevant for "traverse city" and somewhat less relevant for "sporting goods stores".

is that correct?

Hi all,

I'm just curious what the diagnosis is here.

For my client (in a smaller town), if I search "sporting goods stores" while in traverse city, they aren't in the local pack that appears - and show up organically #10.

If I search "sporting goods stores Traverse city" - they show up as #3

I'm guessing the difference is that they are relatively more relevant for "traverse city" and somewhat less relevant for "sporting goods stores".

is that correct?

Likely has to do with your location when searching in Traverse City. If you were right next to them (and Google could read that you were) they would pop up more than likely. However, if you're further away, there's less of a chance of that happening the further you get.

It sounds like you're doing a good job. If you type in "traverse city" Google will show you results it seems like without taking your exact location into account as much (but they still will if they can). It kind of gives you an overall look at your ranking. So overall you're doing well more than likely.

I imagine they just need a bit more prominence to show up no matter the location someone Google's from in Traverse City.

Just my guess.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom