More threads by MKubot

MKubot

Solutions
Reaction score
Our listing was #1 for key non-brand keywords. After the dust settled from the recent turbulence, it'ss low page 1 and isn't showing for our brand keyword. I think it's an issue with a conflicting listing - a separate but nearby address. We don't need that listing. I'd like to delete/merge it. They have very different names right now and are at a different address, so I'm not sure Google will merge it. Also, that listing is even pending verification right now anyway.

We do operate out of both addresses. But, it's more like a campus-type setting, so directing it to the one, main office is fine.

How can I fix this?!

I would caution you about taking any action right now. It's likely not an issue with another listing. It's likely just Google. Google has gone bonkers lately. You might be low page 1 today, and back to #1 tomorrow. There probably isn't a "fix" because there probably isn't a "problem". It's just Google shifting things around and from what I can tell, the shifting is still happening. I don't think that dust has settled yet. I'd give it another week or two still.

I would caution you about taking any action right now. It's likely not an issue with another listing. It's likely just Google. Google has gone bonkers lately. You might be low page 1 today, and back to #1 tomorrow. There probably isn't a "fix" because there probably isn't a "problem". It's just Google shifting things around and from what I can tell, the shifting is still happening. I don't think that dust has settled yet. I'd give it another week or two still.
Fair enough. It seems like things have settled down on these queries. I haven't seen a change in the last 3 days. If it sticks after the turbulence has settled, is merging them the right next step? If so, how should I approach the merge given its different name and address right now? Is there a better option?

Ok, thanks! These 2 specific searches have been consistent for the last 6 days, but I'll wait to make changes until things overall have settled.

What's the best approach though? The nearby listing with a different address and name is not meaningful. Removing it won't hurt us. I was thinking of changing the name and address to match the good listing. Then, ask for a merge.

Sound right? We don't have much to lose at this point since the good listing is basically disappeared.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom