More threads by rayrober

rayrober

Reaction score
Have just come across something totally new to me when researching a competitor. When undertaking a Google search on their name Google presented me with a search result with all their subsidiary companies at the top of the page. This appears to be driven by the company profile panel which has a Subsidiaries data line. If you click on any of the subsidiary links that just take to you to search page showing results for that company + a truncated profile panel. Can anyone explain how the company concerned have set this up ( of additional interest as we have been listed as one of their subsidiaries which we are most definitely not.
I have included some screen grabs below.

Subsidiaries Grab 1.PNG

Subsidiaries Grab 2.PNG

Interesting, new to me. Don't have an answer for you at the moment but wanted to add that I was not able to replicate until I set my browser location to the UK, for anyone else wanting to look.

Had you have been searching for any other subsidiaries before it show you this?

Cause (it might not be this case) while searching for my competition after several searches Google display in that same place my completion (like carrousel). In my case are hotels.
This happened cause Google understand you are interested in that kind of business cause the amount of searches you being doing and display business that are similar. I was not so excited clearly, cause for my business you do a lot of researches so this might happened.

As i said im not sure if this is the same situation, but maybe gives you an idea.

Try to search it in a incognito page to see if this happen again

I searched for 'baldwins subsidiaries' like I saw in the screenshot but nothing came up like the image. Then I noticed the uk flag on rayrober's profile and switched my browser location to London and then it came up when I reran the search. So it seems to come up right away on that search term without any history needed.

I was able to replicate it. The sources that Google uses for finance data are listed here: Disclaimer – Google Finance

Also, Wikipedia allows you to list subsidiaries like in this example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CogitalGroup

Edit: that Wikipedia page was recently deleted.

Thanks, everyone. Still, an issue so think we have to approach the competitor directly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom