More threads by bjorkmanmalte

bjorkmanmalte

Reaction score
Hi! I have a window cleaning business in Stockholm, Sweden and I want to create location pages for my main city with all the suburbs that are relevant to my business. Creating them and creating the content I have no issues with, keywords and all that on-page stuff, but I'm thinking about ways to get these pages to rank for those service + location searches (I ofc am not the only one doing this services + location method).

From my understanding, google likes when there are locally relevant backlinks rather than just blindly looking at high “DA” score, so my idea was that if i try to get links from local businesses lets say a barbers/churches etc located in a specific location/suburb and then I would offer them a free window cleaning for a link/mention on their website (could be just an image link ie.) which link to that specific location page in which the barber is located. That would create a local relevance for that page, right?

So a barber in the suburb Bromma would link to mybusiness. com/window-cleaning-bromma

Is this a method that would work? Looking at my competition, basically none of the other businesses that have location pages have any links referring to their individual service+location pages.

So, assuming I am up to par with my competitors with the on-page, and I implement this; would that be a good idea that could rank these pages higher? Thanks!

so my idea was that if i try to get links from local businesses lets say a barbers/churches etc located in a specific location/suburb and then I would offer them a free window cleaning for a link/mention on their website (could be just an image link ie.) which link to that specific location page in which the barber is located. That would create a local relevance for that page, right?

You are on the right track as far as wanting local links. But I would steer clear of doing link swaps, which is essentially what that would be. What if you flipped it around and offered to write the barber a testimonial? (if you actually use them of course). Write them a wonderful testimonial and work with them to feature it on their website...crediting/linking back to you as the person who wrote the review.

I agree with Colan, you want to be careful with the way you go about link building as Google says in their documentation you need to build links that are useful to users, not just for SEO purposes. A link exchange would be considered the latter, BUT thats not the say there aren't ways you can make your links more helpful.

resources that will hopefully ignite some link building inspiration:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom