More threads by bsmart

bsmart

Reaction score
I have noticed something odd happen with local search results about 1-2 months ago. I work with a Bed Shop and they were top page for the search term ?Bed Shop? in Local pack. Then suddenly (overnight) the whole local pack changes and now it?s showing big brands under than term. There is no relation to where I al located - some of the listings are over 1h drive away. I have much closer listings closer to be that were showing and now aren't.

Hello, can you provide us with any specific search queries or screenshots?

The search term was Bed Shop. Here is a screenshot from Aug last year
attachment.jpg

Since but a few months ago everything changed and you now get this if you search'Bed Shop'
attachment.jpg

However, if i search 'Bed Shop London' Big Table is back in the game and I get this
attachment.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:13 PM ----------

...it's almost like Google is giving more weight to SEO on page. I imagine Dreams are pretty hot on that as they are a big company.

Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 12.30.23.jpeg

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 16.11.59.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 16.12.51.jpg

Well based on your timing I'd say you're seeing the affect of the Pigeon Update which was rolled out to the UK a few months ago.

Expect to see some flux in the local pack, or possibly a culling of the 7-pack. Here in the States we've see some 7-packs reduced to 3 or some queries not showing any.

Much of the flux has stabilized, but I'm still seeing some 7-pack rankings change positions. One site bounced like a ball from D-to-B-to-A-to-GONE-to-C-to now A.

Cheers

Oh good point Howell.

I keep forgetting Pigeon didn't hit UK til later. That was likely it if big shakeup and a couple months ago!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom