More threads by EmilyW

EmilyW

Reaction score
Our agency is working with a brand with 17 locations nationwide. I'm really scratching my head on how to complete the service area maps. Here are some questions this has generated:

1. How do I contact the LSA Google support? Surely not through the usual GMB strategies....

2. What is your favorite tool to help generate a zip code list of service areas? This is too time consuming my way (zooming in, Googling the zip code, entering into service area). I've tried a couple free zip generators where you click and drag on a map to generate a list, but haven't found an easy to use one yet.

3. Why are my service areas not identical, like on my zip code map? You can see obvious boundary gaps (see lower south east along the stateline....). Are these zip code areas not accepting LSAs? I have tried a number of methods, and am confident that the zip code is entered correctly into the service areas, but is not showing in red on the service areas covered. I've also entered by name, then by county. I'm puzzled. Also getting rogue service areas, see far south. Compare below, the S. Chicago area on LSA vs. https://www.unitedstateszipcodes.org/

Any tips would bring welcome relief....
1584468084507.png
1584468088405.png

Hi Emily,

Here's info on how to contact LSA support (note that there's a number specifically for existing LSA accounts): Contact Local Services support - Google Ads Help

And there's also a form to contact support here: Get help with your Local Service Ads - Google Ads Help

For zip codes, our clients either already have a zip code list we work from or we add by city and use the zip codes LSA shows for each city. If there are any zip codes in a city they don't serve then we'll just uncheck those. Not every zip code may be available in the LSA dashboard but you just have to work with what they offer.

For zip codes, our clients either already have a zip code list we work from or we add by city and use the zip codes LSA shows for each city. If there are any zip codes in a city they don't serve then we'll just uncheck those. Not every zip code may be available in the LSA dashboard but you just have to work with what they offer.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Can you tell me where to find the zip code list? You gave me just what I was looking for, thanks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom