More threads by hardialsingh

Reaction score
I have been observing that local results are becoming more dominant compared to organic results on Google 1st page. If we look at results for some terms like "Immigration Attorney" there are all local results & only 3 organic results on 1st page.

Also I have observed one more thing if website is ranking in local results on 1st page than it never rank in organic results on 1st page & if website is ranking higher in organic results on 1st page it will not rank in local results.

So Google looks to reduce the number of listings for one particular site on 1st page results. Any comments on this thing.

It's nice that Google is showing the same type of Local SERPs more often, as compared to when it was one of the "Blended" results.

Additionally, I had a client that owned self storage units across the western United States. He was able to rank his inner page in the local results and his homepage in the organic.

But now, looking at those SERPs, I no longer see any organic presence below his Local. You could be entirely right.

I have been observing that local results are becoming more dominant compared to organic results on Google 1st page. If we look at results for some terms like "Immigration Attorney" there are all local results & only 3 organic results on 1st page.

What city are you talking about, because results will be totally different in various cities?

Also I have observed one more thing if website is ranking in local results on 1st page than it never rank in organic results on 1st page & if website is ranking higher in organic results on 1st page it will not rank in local results.

Again totally depends. I have a client that has double #1 listings. #1 in organic and #1 in local, so it can be done if you know how.

Plus in rare cases the old pack style listings still show up and in that display you can totally have a double with an organic and a local both on page 1. I just showed a screen shot here: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...nded-local-results-pack-results.html#post6997

But yes in general terms, Google will blend the organic and local into a single listing.

I can tell you from the perspective of a service business that local results generate more calls. All summer my fathers business had a number one places rank in one town, in the next town over (same size same demographics) he had a number on organic. He got way more calls off the places. I ended up building him a second site and getting him two number ones in town number 2 and that still didn't even out the difference.

I think depending on the service of your client, local is really kicking butt. A lot of people now are searching without the geographical modifier and that is producing places at an increasing rate. In my geographical area we are just now starting to see some blended results returning above places for those service only search terms but they are hard to get (mostly yellowbook sites up their as far as I have seen)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom