More threads by JohnS

JohnS

Reaction score
Would you place the "localbusiness schema" inside the <head> tags for every page on your website? I only use it on the location page, but I noticed a competitor has it on every page of their websites.

Thanks,

I was at a help hangout with John Mueller last week and this topic came up. The question asked of John was, "Should corporate schema be added to just the home page, contact page, or all pages?"

The answer was basically that it doesn't matter. John, and also Martin Splitt from Google both said that they want to see location schema on the contact page and likely also on the about and home page, but that once that's there, there really isn't a benefit to having it on every single page.

That said, it's likely not like review schema where you can be penalized for marking up pages that shouldn't be marked up.

We'll be publishing the notes from this help hangout in the next day or two, so hopefully I can come back and provide you with a link and an exact quote.

Thank you!

What do you do when a store has multiple locations? We have only have been marking up each separate location page. Also, we use the product schema on the product pages so there is no way I would add localBusiness schema to those pages.

Martha who runs Schema App just answered on Twitter with this: "No. In a Webmaster tool session, @JohnMu stated that each page should have unique schema detailing the primary topic of the page. So if the page is about the services you offer, do services markup, if a location then local biz, if homepage, local biz or Org (if parent company)."

@JoyHawkins That is eggsackly what I have always believed and done. I think there is a lot of confusion out there about how to use the Schema markup correctly. Your answer makes sense too me. Thanks!

Agreed! I think that for a single location business, I'd put location schema on the homepage, about page and contact page. For multiple locations, it makes sense to have it on the location pages as well.

Martha who runs Schema App just answered on Twitter with this: "No. In a Webmaster tool session, @JohnMu stated that each page should have unique schema detailing the primary topic of the page. So if the page is about the services you offer, do services markup, if a location then local biz, if homepage, local biz or Org (if parent company)."

This is really helpful! Thank you

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom