More threads by Nikki Brown

Nikki Brown

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for some opinions here...

Does anyone have any examples where using a more specific type of LocalBusiness schema has had a positive (or negative) impact on a client? For example, a lawyer using Attorney schema or a construction company using HomeAndConstructionBusiness schema.

I don't really see a benefit of using the more specific types of schema and I'd love to hear your opinions!

Hey @Nikki Brown,

I've used the more specific LocalBusiness schema for many of my clients. I can't say I've seen any impact.

Though, IMO it doesn't hurt to give Google more specific information.

Hi,

I like specific Local Business Schema. FYI, some of the types I have used in the past:

-ExerciseGym for local gym/personal trainer
-HomeAndConstuctionBusiness for construction companies/real estate developers
-LegalService for law firms, I think Attorney is obsolete, correct if wrong
-InsuranceAgency for insurance companies

Measuring the impact is quite difficult. I think Google takes this as a hint but then they kind of verify this with the other info they have about the business (offline/online metrics etc).

Hi,

I like specific Local Business Schema. FYI, some of the types I have used in the past:

-ExerciseGym for local gym/personal trainer
-HomeAndConstuctionBusiness for construction companies/real estate developers
-LegalService for law firms, I think Attorney is obsolete, correct if wrong
-InsuranceAgency for insurance companies

Measuring the impact is quite difficult. I think Google takes this as a hint but then they kind of verify this with the other info they have about the business (offline/online metrics etc).

I remember a few years ago the "attorney" schema was depreciated so we started using LegalService instead. Over the past few months, however, I'm finding that LegalService is no longer working the way it used to (gold stars don't show when marking up reviews). I switched them back to Attorney as a test and it seemed to work.

I also looked at Phil Rozek's LocalBusiness schema list and LegalService has been replaced with Attorney.

Has anyone been experiencing this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom