More threads by Zhivko

Zhivko

Reaction score
Did you know of this feature on Google Maps where you can mark that your business location is within another location, for example a trade center?

I just found it and I haven't came across any mentions of this before so I decided to share it.

You can't add it when you set up your address. Instead, you have to "see your listing in maps" and then click "edit your business from there". That's where Google will ask you "is your location within another location". Very secretive.

Not sure what the effect would be but I assume it would be useful. Maybe for people who are already inside that mall and search for this service.

Reactions: Jac
No apology necessary :) Have you had any luck submitting an edit and having it go live?

Now that you mentioned it - no. I did it yesterday and didn't bother to check assuming it is all fine.

And now I opened it only to see that the field is empty. I added the mall again. Usually any changes I make are live within less then an hour. I will check again on Monday.

Just an update in case someone lands here: A month later Google still hasn't approved the suggested change. The location is still not marked inside the mall.

I am now thinking that this kind of changes require manual approval and it just takes a lot of time for someone to review it.

Still, here are some of the things I tried (and they didn't work)
- suggested the change as the listing manager;
- suggested the change as a user;
- had other users to suggest the change (high-profile Google guides)
- went to the damn place, took a photo with my phone, and submitted it to the GMB listing as a user;
- searched for the address on Google Maps, clicked on "add missing business" and linked it to it;
- moved the pin in the center of the said mall;

The client still doesn't have a location specific page. Their new website is getting ready tomorrow, I will link the GMB listing to their location page and see if that helps.

This is so exciting! :LOL:

Just an update in case someone lands here: A month later Google still hasn't approved the suggested change. The location is still not marked inside the mall.

I am now thinking that this kind of changes require manual approval and it just takes a lot of time for someone to review it.

Still, here are some of the things I tried (and they didn't work)
- suggested the change as the listing manager;
- suggested the change as a user;
- had other users to suggest the change (high-profile Google guides)
- went to the damn place, took a photo with my phone, and submitted it to the GMB listing as a user;
- searched for the address on Google Maps, clicked on "add missing business" and linked it to it;
- moved the pin in the center of the said mall;

The client still doesn't have a location specific page. Their new website is getting ready tomorrow, I will link the GMB listing to their location page and see if that helps.

This is so exciting! :LOL:

So much of information, Will be looking for update!

It took 4 months.

Unfortunately, I was assigned other tasks which took all of my time and at some point I stopped looking at this regularly. I cannot say if it happened soon after we published a location page.

I did ask all employees to "check in" on the profile when they are there. Later, Google started asking them questions - is there parking, is there a restroom, etc. One of the questions was "is this located in the mall?". And of course, they all said "yes".

I don't know if the practice was already marked to be in the mall before Google started asking this question. Or they first asked this question and then based on the people's answer decided to mark that the practice in the mall.

Finally, there is an increase in views (and other stats) but can't say if it is related to this change. Other things happened, too (a new location page on the site, more several 5* reviews). And since I haven't' monitored this closely for a long time...

But anyway. I will call it a success and have a glass of vodka tonight.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom