More threads by NevenaIvanova

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

The "Mark as temporarily closed" option in GMB is currently not working as intended and the updates are not going into Pending review, hence not being published on the live listings.

Spotted this issue in the beginning of the week, when I thought it's an isolated case, yet today I figured out it's concerning all my businesses.

Please help.

Kind Regards,
Nevena

We are not using "temporarily closed", as we have had repeated errors, difficultly reopening, and slow response from Google support to trouble shoot. Instead, we are leaving the hours as they were pre-pandemic, then adjusting the closed hours under the holiday hours. Also, we are updating on Google posts weekly for all pandemic related business updates. Good luck!

That's a smart way to handle this :)

However, not applicable for the hotel businesses, where the only way to mark a business as not operating is via the Temporary Closed label.

There's definitely a bug as there are many other reports about the temp closed option not working correctly. Google is aware and is working on it.

That's a smart way to handle this :)

However, not applicable for the hotel businesses, where the only way to mark a business as not operating is via the Temporary Closed label.

HI! Also, take into account that if you mark your hotel as temporarily close it will also stop displaying rates in Google Hotel Ads within 24 to 48 hours.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom