More threads by LinkNow Fam

LinkNow Fam

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with one of our main accounts within our agency account. It is saying that we have exceeded our maximum number of listings and not allowing us to even sign in without it forcing us to the maximum number of listings page. I have attached the screenshot to this post and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Has this been happening to anyone here? We even cleared out this specific account and it still shows that message with 0 listings. All other accounts in agency can still create/add/request access to listings. Every hyperlink on the page leads back to the same screen. I'm hoping this is just a momentary glitch but I'd love some insight on the matter. Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

So our Agency Dashboard decided around 4pm CST yesterday to start having a wonderful glitch. Whenever we try to add a new location, it redirects us to this page: Maximum number of listings per account - Google My Business Help.

I'm 99% sure this is a glitch, as I've seen some other people talk about it in the past (mostly in the early days of the agency dashboard), but it's the first time I've run into it myself. I posted a thread on the GMB Support here: Maximum number of listings per account - Google My Business Help if anybody has any insight. I've also contacted GMB support via Twitter and the phone but the phone wasn't helpful and Twitter hasn't responded yet.

Any insight/advice on how to resolve the issue is appreciated. We have a good chunk of new customers we need to get set up on there.

Thanks all.

Update: being invited to a listing via Location Group ID still works, as does the "Add a Location" feature if we log into one of the emails that controls a Location Group and do it that way. So, we have plenty of workaround options, but it would still be nice to resolve the root issue.

Okay, done. Is there any insight as to why this is happening/what is causing it? It seems to be a widespread issue the more I research.

There's never a good explanation for cases like this other than "something broke" lol

I too am having this problem -- but it doesnt make sense. We are already well over the 100 it says is max and the problem only occurs when 2 of the members in our organization account are trying to add. They simply send me the info and i am able to add them through my agency account email.

very curious??

Hey guys,

This is a known issue. I've merged the threads so now there is just a single thread for this. I haven't heard back from Google yet on it.

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. We have tried to work on various work around solutions while this glitch is affecting us. The main one was to add locations in a seperate account (not affiliated to the agency account) and then invite the agency to take ownership and keep that separate account to a minimum number of listings. This was working until we have received a very similar message as that original one. This message makes no sense as we only have 1 listing in this account. We'll be posting on the google forum and will keep everyone updated! Has anyone else been using work arounds in the meantime, and if so, would you like to share! Thanks again!
Screenshot_2019-09-05 Manage locations.png
Screenshot_2019-09-05 Maximum number of listings per account - Google My Business Help.png

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. We have tried to work on various work around solutions while this glitch is affecting us. The main one was to add locations in a seperate account (not affiliated to the agency account) and then invite the agency to take ownership and keep that separate account to a minimum number of listings. This was working until we have received a very similar message as that original one. This message makes no sense as we only have 1 listing in this account. We'll be posting on the google forum and will keep everyone updated! Has anyone else been using work arounds in the meantime, and if so, would you like to share! Thanks again!
We have used the same workaround here. We have our agency account and it still gets hit with the "Maximum Number" glitch every so often. Probably about every 2 weeks or so, it just starts doing the glitch for around 48 hours before fixing itself again.

During this time, we do the same as you do: use a separate account from our agency for the setup and then transfer it to the agency account from there. We have had the alternate accounts get hit with the "Maximum Number" glitch too, and so we just switch to another... and then the agency account is working again after 24-48 hours typically.

So it isn't just you. Our workflow is Agency Account > Alternate Account A > Alternate Account B if needed > back to Agency Account once it is not glitching anymore.

Still haven't gotten any good feedback from Google on any of the support channels regarding this. One of the Google reps via phone said "you can only add a certain number of listings to your account within a given timeframe daily or weekly" and that is what was causing it, but I believe he was just saying that to get me off the phone. Social support has basically said "Sorry, no idea."

Do either of you have case IDs for your correspondence with Google about this?

I have this one from submitting the form for Agency Dashboard Support: 7-6056000026880.

I don't have one from Social Support because they never responded back to me on Twitter after I sent them a short video showing the glitch in action.
Same with Phone support- they didn't send their usual "follow-up email" after they explained the whole "you can only add a certain number of listings to your account within a given timeframe daily or weekly" so I didn't get a case ID pertaining to that phone call.

Hopefully the one I do have helps though!

Cordell,

How many listings are you creating a day when you get that message?

Cordell,

How many listings are you creating a day when you get that message?

When you say "creating", are you referring to specifically creating new listings or just adding new listings into our account? We very rarely have to create new ones, as most all our clients have existing listings already and we simply do a Change of Ownership on them. As for how many listings we add to our account every day, it really depends but I would say our average day would be about 7 with a high-water mark of around 15-20 on the busiest days. We added 11 new listings into our account yesterday as reference.

Thanks for clarifying. I've asked Google for more information on this and will share here when I hear back.

So Google got back with me via email on the support ticket for 7-6056000026880 and let me know that the issue has been resolved, but it most certainly hasn't. Our dashboard is doing the "Maximum number" glitch right now actually. I've replied back to them with some screenshots/short videos showing what's going on and am waiting to hear back.

Just wanted to check in to see if they've given any additional info on your end, @JoyHawkins.

Google is very much aware of this issue and the difficulties it is presenting. I can’t go in-depth about what is happening I can say you might want to hold off and try again in another week.

Unfortunately they didn't tell me anything useful that I'm allowed to share.

I am seeing exactly the same message within the GMB account for our client. Although I am not using an agency account, just a simple Gmail address that has been given the management rights by the client.
Our client has over 220 locations in there already and we need to add 100 more.
After raising this to Google they told me that there is a limit to the number of pages you can verify within a week, which is currently affecting the account in question. The limit resets each Monday.
Therefore, we tried to wait until the following Monday each time we get this message. It seems that we are allowed to add only 10 listings once the limit resets.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom