Menu schema not getting picked up by Google

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
Does anyone have any tips about getting menu schema to be picked up by Google? Here's the things that have been done:
  • Verified schema markup validates
  • Verified that the menu URL has been added to GMB (although it does keep reverting to the HTTP version for some reason)
There are Seamless and Grubhub order links in the knowledge panel, but they aren't showing menus since they don't do online orders, but I'll look into getting those removed.

Any ideas? @David Deering ?

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
Hi Joy,

It is a restaurant, and yes, there is other schema on the page including Yoast generated schema and "@type": "Restaurant" and related schema (hours, hasMenu, etc.). But they are all separate and not nested. I haven't seen things like this cause issues before, and I seem to recall John Mueller saying multiple blocks of schema are okay (though I always take his pronouncements with the proverbial grain of salt!). I'll let the developer know and maybe we'll try all the suggestions. The menus are on separate pages so perhaps it would be a good test.

rossdunn

Rich,

This is for a restaurant? Do they have any other schema types on the page? If so, I'd remove all the rest. I have found, for example, sometimes gold stars don't show up if there are other schema types on the page like website or organization and I nested the review schema under the local business type.
So Joy, just to clarify your findings... if you want something to show up such as a menu or stars, keep the schema separated entirely or remove all but the schema that you want to show up?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group