More threads by hansenins

Reaction score
I have an issue that is very frustrating for an account I just got.

I have two insurance agents that are clients. They are two separate businesses, but sell insurance for the same company at the same address.

Agent 1. Mark Derrico
Agent 2. Mark Pinter

Here is the problem.

Agent 1.
When logged out of Google+ the page shows up as agent 2's company name, but when logged in as agent ! it shows up as agent 1's company name.

Anyone have any idea what is up?? I would really REALLY appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
How's it going! Are you able to post screenshots of what you are talking about?

Yeah I meant to do that but I got lost focus apparently....... Squirrel...

Signed in as agent 1
Derrico Singed in.jpg

Not signed in to any google account
Derrico not signed in.jpg

Here is a link to a YouTube screen capture that I did.
Derrico Google Plus Page name issue - YouTube

Let me know your thoughts

Here is the page URL
Mark Pinter - Country Financial - Google+ (should be Country Financial - Mark Derrico Insurance)

Derrico Singed in.jpg

Derrico not signed in.jpg

Thanks for posting!

I don't have time to watch the video. But sure looks/sounds like a merge.

Can you tell me are phone #s different? Hope so.

Please list the correct phone for each agent, then I can dig in more and tell you for sure and recommend what to do.

Thanks Linda, here they are:

Agent 1 - Mark Derrico Insurance
(480) 219-1829

Agent 2 - Mark Pinter Insurance
(480) 219-2014

So it looks like Pinter still has his own separate listing.
Everything looks correct to me - right phone and right site?
Mark Pinter Insurance - Country Financial - CORRECT

Which is odd because in a true merge 2 dashboards would morph together and there would just be one live listing.

You said: Agent 1 - Mark Derrico Insurance
(480) 219-1829

But on this listing and in MapMaker it's 1828.
Mark Pinter - Country Financial - MERGED

Anyway looks like the MapMaker bots have wreaked havoc with that listing and keep merging and/or mixing up NAP. Google Automated Reconciler 4 is at it again!

Google Map Maker Had you researched it in MapMaker yet? That's an important troubleshooting step and helps tell the story. Damn bots!!!

To fix - Use Troubleshooter
(Be sure be logged into the same account your Place page is in)

Select top option - Listing data >> I have verified - Yes >>

Click the link at bottom. Select the data that's incorrect.

Google support should get back with you in a few days. Then once you get a reply from a real person explain in more detail about the 2 independent agents sharing an office. But it can take several weeks for a merge to resolve.

(Note if reading right this sec reload or re-read I copied the wrong URL at 1st and just fixed it.)

I approved/published the edit to the GMM feature and marked the latest AR4 edit as Spam -> Wrong Information. I suggest reporting bad bot edits as Spam in hopes that the bot will not return. AR4 needs to be reprogramed or disassembled preminately. In theory that should fix things... If not let me know and I'll take a seconf glance.

Oh Wow THANKs Andrew! I sometimes ask Gregg for MM help but forgot we had another RER in the house.

Plus on a holistic or big picture level if something at Google is buggy or broken, I think Google reps should be accountable for fixing it and maybe if they see enough of the problems it will get fixed at the core. (Kill the bots!)

Really appreciate your help!

Where did these photos come from on My clients Places listing?

https://plus.google.com/114216223508677892551/ I have never seen these photos before....i have not yet created a google+local page. They Do have a google places page that i created. Should i just wait or should i try to merge? They get great ranking with the plus page that i did not create.

Re: Where did these photos come from on My clients Places listing?

https://plus.google.com/114216223508677892551/ I have never seen these photos before....i have not yet created a google+local page. They Do have a google places page that i created. Should i just wait or should i try to merge? They get great ranking with the plus page that i did not create.

Not sure I understand. You said you did not create a G+ Local page, only a Google Places page. BUT all Place pages automatically upgraded to G+ Local pages a long time ago. So if you created a Place page then have a G+ Local page.

This G+ Local page is claimed and it's the only one I can find for this phone #.

Are you saying this is not the one you created?
What's the link to the one you created?
What link do you go to when you click view this listing from inside dash?

Well...it's not verified and I don't see the button toVERIFY NOW. When I click on the"MANAGE THIS BUSINESS" button I go to the google placesdashboard. In addition I have no ideawhere any of the photos on the listing came from. What should I do next? <o:p></o:p>
Shonda<o:p></o:p>

No as I said it IS verified/claimed. Maybe not by you but someone did it and whoever did must have added the images.

To help and answer your Q what to do next, I still need to get to bottom of this and need you to answer the Qs I asked before.

What's the link to the one you created?
What link do you go to when you click view this listing from inside dash?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom