More threads by Ted J.

Ted J.

Reaction score
Hello again. Thought I would start a new thread since I didn't see this question posed on this forum yet. As you may have read on my previous post, I have two business locations for a gift shop in Portland, Oregon - "Hello! Good Morning!"

I'm closing one location but I would like to merge my Yelp reviews from that location with my other location on Yelp. There are many horror stories on the internet about losing all your hard-won reviews when you do this. I saw one thread that even said that you can do it, but Yelp will extort money from you to do this.

Does anyone know how to do this successfully?

Thank you!
Ted

Thank you. I see that one person claims to have paid to have the reviews merged. The odds don’t seem very good though!

I would call in and not give them any information and just ask if they are able to do that.

If not, then I would probably try to change the information to match exactly, wait a few weeks/months, then ask for a dupe merge which should definitely keep the reviews.

I'd try those before just straight up asking for a transplant unless you call in and they say they will do that.

I'd like to report success on moving my Yelp reviews! First, I cold called Yelp without mentioning my business and asked them if they would move my reviews and they said they couldn't do that. I could have tried changing the address then merging the duplicate listing but I could not be sure that would work either. When you change the address on Yelp business, they ask why you are changing your address. I didn't know what they would do for sure if I explained my situation.

Solution: I contacted a yelp sales agent. I offered to purchase ads in exchange for moving the reviews. I found out they immediately check your website to see if the old location is still there. In my case it was and I had to remove that address from my website. Then they were able to move the reviews and photos. They also gave me a large promo offer on my ads. I tested a couple of the other methods suggested here but I felt that the only sure way to absolutely get my reviews (and photos) merged to my other location would be to offer to purchase ads. Well worth it in my opinion to keep those reviews.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that this worked.

I'd like to report success on moving my Yelp reviews! First, I cold called Yelp without mentioning my business and asked them if they would move my reviews and they said they couldn't do that. I could have tried changing the address then merging the duplicate listing but I could not be sure that would work either. When you change the address on Yelp business, they ask why you are changing your address. I didn't know what they would do for sure if I explained my situation.

Solution: I contacted a yelp sales agent. I offered to purchase ads in exchange for moving the reviews. I found out they immediately check your website to see if the old location is still there. In my case it was and I had to remove that address from my website. Then they were able to move the reviews and photos. They also gave me a large promo offer on my ads. I tested a couple of the other methods suggested here but I felt that the only sure way to absolutely get my reviews (and photos) merged to my other location would be to offer to purchase ads. Well worth it in my opinion to keep those reviews.

Wow, thanks for sharing. I've heard they play ball if you pay for ads. This is the first time I've seen someone directly report success with doing so.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom