More threads by JasonKhoo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hoping another set of SEO eyes can help me decipher what's going on. One of my sites recently dropped in rankings and in my audit of trying to figure what could be causing this I came across an interesting issue.

Over the last 2 months mobile traffic is decreasing while desktop & tablet is steady.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 6.26.44 PM.png

In addition, Google Analytic's page speed report is showing that Mobile site speed is almost double "All Users" and "Tablet & Desktop Traffic"

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 6.27.25 PM.png

From what I've gathered from this data, that my problem is definitely on the mobile side. The mobile first index probably is what is affecting us.

Looking at this what I've been working on is:
  • Increasing site speed (i.e improved one page's load time from 13 secs to 4 secs)
  • No-indexed 30 - 40% of pages that were thin content (weird Wordpress feature that was adding a unique page for each picture)
  • Add Schema (for better CTR)
Any other ideas anything I could be missing?

Have you run some tests to make sure content or internal links aren't missing on the mobile version of your site?

Last night I figured out that some of the details on the site weren't showing properly on the mobile version of the site.

I'll prob scan through to see if there are any other mistakes that may have been overlooked.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom