Moving Business - Best Practices

Craig

Forum Member
Searching High and low for up-to-date information on how to best handle a client moving their business. They are moving in 3 months. It's a new client, should I claim as much as I can under their current address then change their address later. Or create new listings later? Or something else?

I have the process for google, but I would like to minimize their rankings drop as much as possible by attacking the citations and local listings as best as possible.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/business/announcements/BGiJRRhVnm0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Assuming the phone number is staying the same, I'd suggest updating the current listings (rather than creating new ones).

Craig

Forum Member
Thanks Phil! So I should start claiming all their listings data(axiom,localeze,infogroup,yp,yahoo,foursquare.........) now with their current address, then in a few months change them all? I thought at one point someone had a detailed article on all this, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Hey Craig,

If the move is more than a couple months away, yeah, I'd recommend claiming those listings now and just updating them later. Claiming is the time-intensive part anyway. FYI, I wouldn't bother with Yahoo. They make it impossible.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google top contributor

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group