Moz Local

HangTenSEO

Forum Member
I am currently working with a client that has some existing citations. I have never used Moz for citation building efforts and wanted to give it a go.

Current Citations look like

"Company Name City - Manufacture A, Manufacturer B, Manufacturer C"
Or
"Company Name City"

If I use Moz Local and I want to go with the more simple naming scheme "Company Name City", will it rename the citations that Moz pushes out to? Namely the already existing citations "Company Name City - Manufacture A, Manufacturer B, Manufacturer C"?

Hey There,
This is Miriam Ellis from Moz. Thank you so much for wanting to give Moz Local a try - much appreciated :)

The short (and I hope happy) answer is yes - Moz Local will update the platforms we push to with your authoritative name. That authoritative name will be drawn from either your Google My Business listing or Facebook Place (whichever of these two sources your Moz Local data stems from during initial validation of your data when you sign up). So, you'll need to be sure your name is just as you wish it to be on your GMB and/or FB listings, and Moz Local will push that data out to all our direct network partners.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to email our support directly at any time at help@moz.com.

HangTenSEO

Forum Member
Hi Miriam,

Thanks. That is extremely helpful information.

Both GMB and Facebook should be easy places to change the names.

My pleasure, HangTenSEO, and it will be our honor to have you aboard!

Shout out hello to all the folks here at the peerless Local Search Forum :) 2017 is going to be a really interesting one in Local.

Last edited:

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
You may already know this but...

I would still use Moz Local but understand it's not really a citation platform. It's more of a data aggregator platform. It's going to make sure bad information doesn't get out whereas a citation service will make sure the good information does get out.

They should be used in conjunction together.

I wrote an article on the differences awhile back but I'm not sure how Linda would feel about me posting it. If she says it's okay I will.

Otherwise, just Google "What is Moz Local" and hit the 1st article that isn't from moz.com. It should explain everything. If it doesn't, that means I did a poor job on the article so reply back with your questions and I will answer them, amend my article, and thank you for helping me :)

Jim Froling

Forum Member
Miriam,

No doubt 2017 will be an interesting year for local search. When has it not?

Did you know that the Chinese saying "May you live in 'interesting times'" is a curse?

May I offer you this blessing instead? THRIVE!

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group