More threads by sarmcl

I wholeheartedly agree with @Tim Colling, @MiriamEllis is doing a super job! Communicating directly with MozLocal of late however feels like working with a team of interns - full of energy, eager to respond, and quick to toe the corporate line, but lacking in objective and constructive dialogue. The new platform is a complete mess, rife with errors and omissions which should have been vetted pre-launch. Leadership at all levels is dismal.

How kind of you to say that, Tim! Every day I get to continue working in Local with all of you is an honor and a blessing. My thanks to the community here for surfacing important questions and being open to good communication :)

I used brightlocal for the first time today, I was going to use Moz, but, the price is just too high for me, and still very unclear if this goes to aggregators etc.. Overall feeling is disappointed, because I really liked the old product, and I'm not yet comfortable with BrightLocal (yet).

It's very possible the higher price and new features (and maybe lower support costs) are a win for Moz overall. . . (you have to alienate half of your customers to not break even when you double the price). From my end, I don't like it.

I used brightlocal for the first time today, I was going to use Moz, but, the price is just too high for me, and still very unclear if this goes to aggregators etc.. Overall feeling is disappointed, because I really liked the old product, and I'm not yet comfortable with BrightLocal (yet).

It's very possible the higher price and new features (and maybe lower support costs) are a win for Moz overall. . . (you have to alienate half of your customers to not break even when you double the price). From my end, I don't like it.

For the Local SEO community, they're not viable currently. But we may no longer be their target market.

They've gone more toward trying to compete with a Yext it looks like. But their offering is much lower. However, so is their price point. I'm not sure they've figured out who they are yet.

But yes, I cancelled last week myself.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom