More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Google Places Bulk Datafeeds... argh...

I just discovered a post from Joy at Imprezzio marketing that shines a bright light on this overly complicated and convoluted issue. I don't deal with bulk at all. Never have and probably never will. So I don't consider myself an expert on this aspect of Google+ Local. Joy does a deep dive though on important issues. So if you have multi-location clients or deal with big chains, you should definitely read.

The Negative Impact of Bulk Feeds on Google Places | Imprezzio Marketing

There has been a lot of talk lately about Bulk Feeds on Google Places. Bulk feeds are supposed to be a great way for a business owner with tons of locations to get their listings activated on Google Places without the pain of manually verifying each one. Corporate offices have been jumping on this as a way to get their locations more exposure on Google. However, I think it?s really important for business owners to know the negative impacts that bulk feeds could have on their listing.

For businesses that are debating if they should simply be listed on a bulk feed vs. claiming their listing manually it?s very important to be aware of the differences between the two options. Bulk feeds can have a negative impact on local businesses in the following three ways.

What do you think?
Do you work with bulk listings?
Have anything to add???

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom