More threads by pbarnhart

Reaction score
If you haven't had a chance to go through the new Google Maps Android App (3rd pary review here here), you should.

One immediate thing I noticed was that the "Local Guide" label is now appearing for reviewers who are local guides on the map application.

Screenshot_20160722-081515[1].jpg

All the crowdsourcing features are enabled for certain business categories - both for reviewers and searching businesses. This is definitely a direct swing at Yelp, and Local SEO pros should be adding Google Local Guide to their portfolio!

Google is now also asking for photo verification on changes you may submit via Google Maps:

Screenshot_20160722-081318[1].jpg

However, the uploaded photos seem to be a Google-review only feature - after testing it does not appear that the uploaded "proof" is available to others in the mapmaker editor.

Playing with the new app? Checking features? Do you see a change in Map SERP based on latest reviews, updated features, etc?

Screenshot_20160722-081515[1].jpg

Screenshot_20160722-081318[1].jpg

Thanks for sharing that and the great screenshots Phil.

It's slow here on Friday. I think most are already checked out (in their heads at least),
planning for the weekend.

I'll Tweet this now & then again on Monday.

Has anyone seen this yet? Any other thoughts/ideas???

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom