More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
This is the first in our promoted posts series. I wanted to introduce a new tool to you guys that was just launched and gives you a score on how you're doing with your Google My Business listing.

You can login and grant access to your GMB account and it gives you a rating based on what features in GMB you are currently utilizing. I'm proud to see that our clients are getting a good score!
ThriveHive Grade.png

I can see myself using this for conversation starters with leads/potential clients to show them how much they are currently missing out on. I just did it on a listing that belongs to a business we're currently doing an audit for and they failed :LOL:. It points out how they're not utilizing features like posts or responding to their negative reviews.
ThriveHive Grade 2.png

Once the scan is done, you can click the "Continue on my own" button at the bottom.

thrivehive 3.png

This takes you to a screen with a to-do list based on all the items that you missed. This list gets updated regularly.
ThriveHive To Do.png

What do you think? Do you have any questions about it for David Mihm or the ThriveHive team? Please chime in below.

This sponsored post is brought to you by ThriveHive. David Mihm recently joined their team as the Vice President of Product Strategy.

This is fantastic, Joy! This will be a quick, definitive to help clients and the prospecting process.

This looks like an awesome tool, I do have one concern however, what information is obtained by ThriveHive? I have a client that is highly sensitive to any information that could be obtained.

I also noticed it looks like it struggles with multiple businesses associated with an account....

1540309638647.png

Last edited:
This looks like an awesome tool, I do have one concern however, what information is obtained by ThriveHive? I have a client that is highly sensitive to any information that could be obtained.

Hey Somsenater, so we do pull in (or more accurately, have the capacity to pull in) any data that is in your client's GMB dashboard. We use it as we build the suggestion-based todo list that Joy screenshotted above. If there is data in your client's GMB account that they would not want ThriveHive to "see," they probably shouldn't use Grader.

Hey Somsenater, so we do pull in (or more accurately, have the capacity to pull in) any data that is in your client's GMB dashboard. We use it as we build the suggestion-based todo list that Joy screenshotted above. If there is data in your client's GMB account that they would not want ThriveHive to "see," they probably shouldn't use Grader.

David, how long does ThriveHive have access to the account, and is there a way to remove that access if we want to? Thanks for answering the noob questions!

- Hammer

I just went through it and I liked the scoring and detailed steps that it provides. Very nice visual layout so this will be a great conversation starter as you said. I would think this will be an eye opener for any small business owner. Most I talk to don't have a frame of reference for the importance of their GMB and this visualizes it for them.

As with all tools it doesn't take the place of a human but it's a great starting point. For instance, I tested with some of my boutique hotel clients and it doesn't adjust that hotels don't have Google Posts or Page Description available to their category.

David, how long does ThriveHive have access to the account, and is there a way to remove that access if we want to? Thanks for answering the noob questions!

- Hammer

Hey there, thanks for checking out Grader, Hammer. We have access to the data in your account indefinitely, but you can always click the "Forget My Business" link that's persistent in the footer of Grader to remove that access:

1540313666950.png

I just went through it and I liked the scoring and detailed steps that it provides. Very nice visual layout so this will be a great conversation starter as you said. I would think this will be an eye opener for any small business owner. Most I talk to don't have a frame of reference for the importance of their GMB and this visualizes it for them.

As with all tools it doesn't take the place of a human but it's a great starting point. For instance, I tested with some of my boutique hotel clients and it doesn't adjust that hotels don't have Google Posts or Page Description available to their category.

Matt, that's great feedback. We do have category "intelligence" in certain categories like restaurants but I'll see if we can add hotels to the list of those category-specific features in short order. Thanks!

Looks very neat! Excited to play around with it.

Just going off of what I've seen so far, it looks like this can be a great help to communicate to potential clients and business owners how important their GMB page is in a visually-clean and clear way!

This is the first in our promoted posts series. I wanted to introduce a new tool to you guys that was just launched and gives you a score on how you're doing with your Google My Business listing.

You can login and grant access to your GMB account and it gives you a rating based on what features in GMB you are currently utilizing. I'm proud to see that our clients are getting a good score!
ThriveHive Grade.png

I can see myself using this for conversation starters with leads/potential clients to show them how much they are currently missing out on. I just did it on a listing that belongs to a business we're currently doing an audit for and they failed :LOL:. It points out how they're not utilizing features like posts or responding to their negative reviews.
ThriveHive Grade 2.png

Once the scan is done, you can click the "Continue on my own" button at the bottom.

thrivehive 3.png

This takes you to a screen with a to-do list based on all the items that you missed. This list gets updated regularly.
ThriveHive To Do.png

What do you think? Do you have any questions about it for David Mihm or the ThriveHive team? Please chime in below.

This sponsored post is brought to you by ThriveHive. David Mihm recently joined their team as the Vice President of Product Strategy.
Love the idea of this tool and just tried signing in but not sure if it's a matter of geographical boundaries but I can't get in. Has anyone else tried it out outside North America? I'm in Australia.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom