• Monday February 18, 2019, is the national Family Day Holiday in Canada

As a result, some of our regular forum members and Local Search Experts will likely be off spending time with family day activities, so you may find that it takes a bit longer to receive answers to your questions.

New GMB Messaging - Still Showing in App?

Nikki Stine

Forum Member
With the recent change in GMB Messaging and the new GMB App, I've been testing it with my own business. I have seen how the Messaging feature now shows up in the new app under Customers. I even received and responded to a message that way.

But now, when I look in the app, I no longer see the Messaging tab under Customers. Only Reviews and Followers.

I have access to a handful of clients in the app as well... They have messaging setup and I don't see the Messaging section for them either.

I currently DO see the Messaging section in the app for clients who do not have messaging setup yet. When I click on the tab it encourages Messaging setup.

Anyone else have this same problem: could see messaging in the new app originally, but now cannot see it?

I have verified on my desktop that messaging is still turned on under my GMB profile. (same with me couple clients)

I'm using a Samsung phone. Maybe just me?

petrakraft

Forum Member
With the recent change in GMB Messaging and the new GMB App, I've been testing it with my own business. I have seen how the Messaging feature now shows up in the new app under Customers. I even received and responded to a message that way.

But now, when I look in the app, I no longer see the Messaging tab under Customers. Only Reviews and Followers.

I have access to a handful of clients in the app as well... They have messaging setup and I don't see the Messaging section for them either.

I currently DO see the Messaging section in the app for clients who do not have messaging setup yet. When I click on the tab it encourages Messaging setup.

Anyone else have this same problem: could see messaging in the new app originally, but now cannot see it?

I have verified on my desktop that messaging is still turned on under my GMB profile. (same with me couple clients)

I'm using a Samsung phone. Maybe just me?

View attachment 3604

Hi Nikki,
I still see the messages in the Messaging Tab under Customers - like it used to be.
Petra

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group