New Google+ Local Photo Guidelines - No More Logos and No Ugly Mugs!

Linda Buquet

I often tell site owners, you need to have your non-Internet savvy MOM or even Grandma user test your site to be sure everything makes sense and the nav is clear.

In Google's case they need to, like you said, have a few small biz owners read their help docs and guidelines. Would save us all SO much time and avoid stupid oversights like this one.

Jo Shaer

You are so right! Jon has just started getting one of his non-Geeky friends to view our client's websites to identify problems with traffic. It has been a revelation! Stuff that you just take for granted... It's that assume thing again :)

JoeSweeps

Either Google is run by "Some engineer geek" or the 20-somethings that have never had a job outside of Google. Every Google HOA I see doesn't have a soul over 25 years old. Where did all the gray hair go???

Jo Shaer

20 year old Geeks :) On Facebook recently there was an infographic which said that social media managers had to be under 25! Say what...?

Linda Buquet

Who says Google does not listen???

After the big stink I made about this, Jade got the guidelines properly labeled as I noted in previous post.

Then yesterday she let me know they were able to get those guidelines changed and they no longer prohibit user photos of people or logos providing they are related to or appropriate for the business. See the link below and you'll see the guidelines have been updated and no longer have those overly restrictive rules in place.

http://support.google.com/plus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2689731

Thanks Jade!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group