More threads by Blake Denman

Blake Denman

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
I don't know if this is entirely new, but I thought I would share these screenshots. I have yet to see local results display like this.
iPhone 5S in Google Chrome

The first photo is the initial results, picture 2 is swiping to toggle more local results. Pictures 3 and 4 are when you click on "See all" in a list format.

If you do a few local searches that are camping related, this seems standard. i.e. Camping Joshua Tree returns the same type of results with availability options by sortable by date.

I personally think these are better than traditional local results. Less scrolling.

Thoughts?

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

photo 3.PNG

photo 4.PNG

Whoa, nice screen shots Blake. Thanks for sharing.

I don't have an iPhone so not sure if different or when changed.
Maybe others can weigh in with their thoughts?

Not sure if related or different but another update I reshared on G+ then Mike shared.
<!-- Place this tag in your head or just before your close body tag. -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>
<!-- Place this tag where you want the widget to render. --><div class="g-post" data-href="https://plus.google.com/106412255733219697839/posts/EN3e9z6bUUT"></div>​

Oops sorry, thought he was just resharing my post but he did a new post at his blog too. Here it is.

Google Mobile Search Results for Hotels, Restaurant and Other Entertainment Locations Updated | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

Last edited:
I found it very compelling and a huge hog of screen space. All in all I think that creates 3 winners among the top 3 ranking for a phrase.

I was looking at some search phrases in my metro region with lots of competitors for restaurants and hotels in certain metro submarkets.

It snatches up a lot of screen space for the top 3. I think it creates real winners and losers. It makes high maps rankings far more critical, IMHO.

For restaurants, hey...so many restaurant choices are made on the go and via mobiles. In the hotel business the massive change in same day reservations is more and more via mobile.

So these changes are significant.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom