More threads by Linda Buquet

I have a question about all this: Will these certified GMB verifiers be allowed to charge a fee for this service?

I don't know the answer to this (yet) but...

I see this as an opportunity to help business owners and a way to start creating business relationships rather than always trying to get business owners to pay for something. Especially if they can ultimately do it themselves at no cost.

If there's a group of people out there who are going to charge for something like this I say, "Shame on them". Personally, I would put those people in the same boat as those scam marketers who call businesses all day and tell them that their Google listing isn't verified (even though it is) or is going to be removed if they don't pay $300 a month.

All my GYBO workshops I do are free and if a business wants more services / advanced help then I'm happy to offer it to them.

Thanks Louis, I agree.

The whole thrust of GYBO is get your business online free. So I'm sure Google would not want trusted partners charging.

Plus I think if you help them for free you can use it as an opportunity to build trust. And like Louis said, when they need additional help or other services, who are they going to ask? :)

I got a statement that Google said I would share publicly. It does not tell us a whole lot but it's still good they followed through to provide something.

"Trusted Verifier is an early invite-only program that enables Google's trusted partners to verify local businesses in-person. You will be contacted directly if you are eligible for verification by Trusted Verifier. Keep in mind, there are three other ways for businesses to verify: by postcard, phone, or Google Search Console. Learn More."

Yeah it seems like Google has thought this through a bit. It's a very in person/show documentation/at the business location kind of verification.

So I'm unsure how larger marketing companies could use it for nation wide clientel. I guess they can always find and work with a trusted verifier in a particular area. Oh BTW I'm in San Diego (*hint, hint)

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say but there is an Android only app and the business needs to verify via their unique Google account.

The app is the key to keeping the unethical people at bay. Google double checks all new verifications. Although, I am curious on the process of the search console method. We shall see.

I just got an invite through the GYBO program. (I'm a contractor for a local Chamber.) Instead of looking to charge a fee, I could use it as a good excuse to visit new members, and offer to verify their business for them. Instant goodwill builder for me, and supports the Chamber in the meantime.

Google's Trusted Verifier App via GYBO Program

I received an email today from Emily Harris, Program Manager for Google's GYBO (Get Your Business Online) program. They are inviting City Partners (of GYBO) to become a Trusted Verifier and get special access to the Trusted Verifier app. If you're not familiar with the Trusted Verifier program, read this post for an overview.

Here are the details of the Trusted Verifier app:
Being a Trusted Verifier is like having a superpower that puts businesses on the map. In this case, the power comes from your Android device and instead of a cape you get the Trusted Verifier app.

Once downloaded, the app allows you to verify local businesses on the spot, whether you’re at a workshop, a pop-up event, or a one-on-one meeting. No more waiting on pin codes or even expedited forms—we’re talking about instant verification.

If you're interested in participating:

0. Become a GYBO City Partner. You have to be a Google Partner in order to become a Trusted Verifier / download the app.
1. Fill out the interest form. They promise a response in 2-3 business days.
2. Complete the training.
3. Download the app. (only available for Android - for now)
4. Start verifying businesses.

I've already signed up for the app. I'll post my experience once I hear back from Google.

- Chris Desrochers

Re: Google's Trusted Verifier App via GYBO Program

Hey Chris, thanks for sharing all the extra details. We figured it was tied into GYBO.

We've already been discussing this, so I merged your thread with the existing one so everyone in that thread will be notified about your new post, and to keep things all together.

Read above to see what other pros have to say about it.

It's awesome we have so many great members that share info when new things like this come up!

I received an invite to be a trusted verifier about 4 days ago. I'll keep everyone posted as to what comes of it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom