More threads by Nick Rink

Reaction score
Just spotted this post by Andrew Shotland that shows a neat popup lightbox that shows up when you click on the #reviews for a local business. Have tried it here in the UK and it works for Google.com but not Google.co.uk.

Anyone else seeing it yet?

Thanks so much Nick. Great share.

I've had family medical problems and have not even seen my feedreader in 2 days, so totally missed this. Thanks for bringing it up!

Thanks, Nick. At first I wasn't seeing the lightbox/popup, but now I am. To sum up a lot of thoughts into a couple of words: it puzzles me.

Same as Phil. Wasn't seeing it yesterday, but I am now. Not quite sure if I like or not yet.

Just got confirmation from Google that the review piece Andrew blogged about is a UI update and not just a test. So sounds like it's rolling out.

The new format certainly makes it more difficult to access the G+local pages so I guess this is a way for G to try and get more folks reviewing businesses. Not sure how successful it will be but happy to join in the fun!

Have so far spotted the new popups on Google .com, .co.uk. .ca and .fr. Doesn't appear to be working elsewhere in Europe yet, or in Australia, NZ or South Africa.

Oh dear, good catch Greg and thanks so much for sharing Jon. I have not had time to get to Twitter yet today. Hopefully as Andrew said once this update fully rolls out - will be fixed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/localseoguide">@localseoguide</a> yeah - HAS to be... would be completely insane not to show owner responses, especially with reviews so isolated</p>— Greg Gifford (@GregGifford) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregGifford/statuses/362664165191589888">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom