More threads by Nick Rink

Reaction score
Not sure if this is "fresh" news or not but just came across an announcement over on Yoast.com about his new local SEO plugin

Local SEO for WordPress - Yoast

Available at $249 for agencies or $69 for single sites. Would be interested to hear how many folks here would pay and grab the plugin rather than continuing to do it all manually.

I just reviewed that plugin. I don't see anything there that is worth paying for. A lot of the things it does are freely available (schema.org, directions on Google maps). It just seems to me to be a another plugin that will have to be monitored and updated in a WordPress install.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for posting that Nick.

I'm curious to take a look later when I get time. Sounds like it may do a couple of the things my Automated Local SEO Template does, but mine works with any site not just WP and does a lot more. But having it built right into your WP theme could be an advantage.

Thanks for sharing Nick.

I also get excited when I see a new release by Yoast, however I won't be paying that amount of money for things that Linda's Automated Template does better.

My stance is that this kind of plugin will be helpful for newbie's to Local SEO who need it sorted, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Yoast, and I think his Wordpress SEO Plugin is the greatest, but can't see a reason to go for it yet.

Joost kindly gave me a free license for the plugin, so I'll give it a try ASAP and let you guys know what I think. I expect it will be great.

That's good that you're getting a free trial of it Phil.

I'd say one thing that can be difficult (always!) is getting the address schema placed in the footer of a Wordpress website. Normally, because as soon as you start editing the footer on most themes, you are expected to be a PHP maestro. :confused:

That's good that you're getting a free trial of it Phil.

I'd say one thing that can be difficult (always!) is getting the address schema placed in the footer of a Wordpress website. Normally, because as soon as you start editing the footer on most themes, you are expected to be a PHP maestro. :confused:

Indeed. I ain't no PHP maestro. It can be a pain, as you say.

Exactly Phil. And most Wordpress themes have very poor support for the footer. I'm quite fortunate to have a theme (and use for a few clients) that is very simple for using the footer - simply a case of using the Widgets that slot into the footer like lego! :D

The problem is the clients that have existing Wordpress themes that require you to be a PHP maestro!

Lucky you Phil, looking forward to hearing what you think of the plugin ;)

Kind of in agreement with everyone else on this one. Not sure if it's worth the money on the face of things, but if it makes the whole process easier to manage ... whether that's Schema in the footer or taking care of the KML file ... then it may be quite useful.

Hey guys- I just came across this post.

Anyone have a review of this plugin? I'm a big fan of Yoast's SEO plugin. Would love to know how the local one is.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom