New SAB Bug - Google+ and Review Pages MIA - Totally Blank

Linda Buquet

Well I tell ya, the poor service area businesses just can't catch a break with Google.

This morning one of my previous consulting clients, Laura with Attaboy plumbing, emailed to let me know about a new Google bug.

Go to Google search for Indianapolis Plumber. Attaboy is #1.
Click the link to their reviews. Here is what you get:

TOTALLY BLANK PAGE

BlankReviewPage.png

In her email Laura said "most" of the other listings in the 7 pack had blank review pages. HOWEVER, when I checked I noticed some do and some don't.

Then in looking a little closer it appears that only the compliant listings with address hidden have the blank review pages.

I need to do more research but my 1st glance tells me hiding address is connected to the blank review pages. (That is just initial gut supposition and needs more research, may be coincidence.) I've checked a few other SAB SERPs and if address shows the review pages are fine. I've also spot checked some Dental listings and have not found the blank review page problem.

Mike also got the email and since he's EST, he beat me to the punch and also reported on this.
Google Local Bug: Review/Plus Pages Not Loading For SAB Pages

He noted there is also a post at the Google forum about this that has been escalated to Google. So if you have problems you may want to post in this thread.

I need to run off and do more checking to verify that hidden address seems to be the common denominator with this blank review page bug. Just wanted to post real quick to let you guys know.

Eagle eye consultants out there - are you seeing this? Are you finding the problem only comes up on hidden address pages too?

Linda Buquet

Thanks Scott.

After more research I'm seeing an even bigger problem.

From what I see the problem IS just isolated to SABs with address hidden.

BUT if they don't have reviews, the same problem happens when you click to their actual G+ L listing. It's totally blank too.

Google plumber san marcos ca

DC Plumbing and Drain Patrol have address hidden and no reviews. Click the link to their G+ L page. BLANK!
Example Drain Patrol: https://plus.google.com/104830318287862179854/about?hl=en

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Thanks for posting this, Linda.

I can confirm that it's only an issue for my SAB clients with hidden addresses.

Man, I hope the good people at Mountain View fuel up on extra Red Bull and Hot Pockets and get this one figured out fast...

Linda Buquet

I just reported my findings and examples above to Jade.

Man, I hope the good people at Mountain View fuel up on extra Red Bull and Hot Pockets and get this one figured out fast...
OMG Phil, you just made me spew coffee all over my monitor! :D

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Re: New SAB Bug - Google Review Pages MIA - Totally Blank

I just reported my findings and examples above to Jade.

OMG Phil, you just made me spew coffee all over my monitor! :D
Please extend my heartfelt apologies to your monitor (that thing sure takes a beating)!

Linda Buquet

Re: New SAB Bug - Google Review Pages MIA - Totally Blank

Please extend my heartfelt apologies to your monitor (that thing sure takes a beating)!
It only happens when you make me laugh.

Just played catch up a little at the Google forum and there are several threads there about the problem. This is the other main discussion that was escalated and Jade replied there confirming they are looking into it.

Plus we have other reports here at our forum in this thread: http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/service-area-business-issues/6259-google-listing-showing-blank-page.html

My page - https://plus.google.com/109688267563742231827/about?gl=US&hl=en-US is back so Google may have implemented a fix. Funny part though the Google+ side still lists my old phone number. When I click on "Manage this page" it takes me back to Google Places where I have the new number. I have separate issues going on but it almost looks like Google did a revert to previous version on me.

I will be curious to see if anybody else's pages are back.

Linda Buquet

I just spot checked a bunch of the listings reported at the Google forum and they all appear to be good now too. Let us know if anyone is still experiencing a problem, but it looks like this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the fast work on this Google!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group