New Services Options in the Google My Business Dashboard

andykuiper

Don't see it for a plumber client here in Canada - on my back end, nor on client's GMB back end... yet :)

hajnasiewicz

I'm seeing options to add custom services for our Pharmacies, Gas Stations, and a Restaurant in our Deli's.

Ampere

Mine is completely different. I am an electrician and under Services mine only gives me the option to add Sections and Items.

I labelled the Section "Electrical Work" and added the Item (which seems like a service, but Google calls it an item).

Wary Goose

I'm seeing "custom services" available for "Security System Supplier" and relevant heading variations.

Jenn G

Does anyone know if the description in the Services has to be unique content? We are a franchise company and would like to find out if we can use same content in service description for each location. Thanks!

MonicaH

I'm not seeing it yet for any of my tree care/arborist or landscaping clients. I can add sections and options, but not "custom services".

Ian Hammond

Seeing it today for Contactor and Insulation Contractor in a new GMB profile.
Haven't seen it in any of our other clients yet (sector is hvac, insulation contractors, solar installers) but we also filled in the Services section where we could to pre-empt single.platform from auto-filling with garbage.
Side note, the service categories offered are pretty bad for both Contractor and Insulation Contractor--as they relate to what those companies usually do--and are exactly the same.

Our use of Building Inspector and Home Inspector is our far from perfect answer to the lack of an Energy Auditor business category.

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.29.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.28.56 AM.png

I've been testing it a lot recently and I have a list of ~50 or so categories that it triggers for.

It's also the same predetermined list of "services" for that each business category for anyone who was wondering. I.e. Insulation Contractor A will have the same list of attribute-like services to choose from as Insulation Contractor B will.

Lanerizz

My biggest outstanding question is in regards to accounts that already had Services Info custom filled out, whether they still get these options or if these are just for people who have them blank.

I have a jeweler for example that we did extensive work filling out Services and has none of this new stuff on their of their profiles. I guess I could delete it to test but would like to find out first if anyone else has blazed this trail.

My biggest outstanding question is in regards to accounts that already had Services Info custom filled out, whether they still get these options or if these are just for people who have them blank.

I have a jeweler for example that we did extensive work filling out Services and has none of this new stuff on their of their profiles. I guess I could delete it to test but would like to find out first if anyone else has blazed this trail.
We haven't deleted any yet to test, but ours is the same situation where if it was previously filled out then it does not get the new options- it just retains the old information that was input.

Even if the business has 10 categories and only had 1 "service" previously filled, it doesn't prompt the new Services at all and just still shows that 1 service with the "add more" option.

Ampere

Mine changed. If you look at post #24 you will see that I had the old Section and Item thing. A few days later I deleted all my items and sections.

Today I go there to look and find it updated:

One thing to add that I find interesting, these are the EXACT same services as the "Job Types" listed for us to choose in Google Local Service Ads.

Lanerizz

Thank you Ampere!! Seems like something worth testing to see if results go up or down with custom or using Googles.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert