More threads by erjdavis

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just started helping some clients with their Google+ Local Pages. I have 2 newbie questions.

1. When you "Share an update on your place page" where does this appear? I posted one, but I don't see it on the actual listing page.

2. I see that it can take a while for your page to update when you submit changes. I made some changes to a page about 2 weeks ago, and the text changes have changed. But, I added 9 pictures to the account, and they still have not changed. Does it take longer for the pictures to get added?

This account is still on the old dashboard.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. When you "Share an update on your place page" where does this appear? I posted one, but I don't see it on the actual listing page.

This feature is disabled. It went away around June of last year. The option to post live updates is available with upgraded/merged G+ Local pages only.

Thanks, Colan.

Pretty silly they still have it as an option inside the dashboard if it doesn't work!!!

Pretty silly they still have it as an option inside the dashboard if it doesn't work!!!

Same thing goes with adding videos in the old dashboard and more details at the bottom of the edit screen. Those options don't work anymore either.

So is it finally OK to merge G+ and Google Places pages yet or should we just wait till the new dashboard rolls out 100%?

So is it finally OK to merge G+ and Google Places pages yet or should we just wait till the new dashboard rolls out 100%?

It's fine to merge for clients who are in simple situations: one location, non-service-area business, etc. I haven't found the process to be buggy.

With regards to "data pipeline" and how long changes take to go through, see this post:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/business/vnJlxMRr87o/discussion

However, that will clearly be changing very soon with data pipeline improvements, but the info should be useful at the moment.

Jade is pretty good at updating that as the pipeline changes and we poke her if it needs updating. So even though all the edit dates don't show, that doc is regularly updated.

Google still says wait. I tend to follow their advice and sometimes their advice is for good reason. Sometimes they know of other changes that make waiting important. Sometimes if you don't listen, then when that new thing comes out, you wish you could undo what you already did prematurely.

Plus since I tend to work on the underbelly and deal problems all day and see more bugs than most - I still say wait. There are G+ merge bugs that have been around for months and months that are still not solved.

Brave souls like Phil say go. I still say wait. But I guess it depends on your risk tolerance and how much extra time you have to deal with troubleshooting.

Jade is pretty good at updating that as the pipeline changes and we poke her if it needs updating. So even though all the edit dates don't show, that doc is regularly updated.

Google still says wait. I tend to follow their advice and sometimes their advice is for good reason. Sometimes they know of other changes that make waiting important. Sometimes if you don't listen, then when that new thing comes out, you wish you could undo what you already did prematurely.

Plus since I tend to work on the underbelly and deal problems all day and see more bugs than most - I still say wait. There are G+ merge bugs that have been around for months and months that are still not solved.

Brave souls like Phil say go. I still say wait. But I guess it depends on your risk tolerance and how much extra time you have to deal with troubleshooting.

I don't have a ton of time to spend troubleshooting all day :) I'd rather keep it simple

Hi All,

I've just started helping some clients with their Google+ Local Pages. I have 2 newbie questions.

2. I see that it can take a while for your page to update when you submit changes. I made some changes to a page about 2 weeks ago, and the text changes have changed. But, I added 9 pictures to the account, and they still have not changed. Does it take longer for the pictures to get added?

This account is still on the old dashboard.

Thanks for the help!

Google plus is non existent

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom