More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Just saw something a tiny bit odd. Thoughts???

https://plus.google.com/109885937279042195702/about?hl=en

Has reviews PLUS Social (Follow button, posts, circles). So I would normally think this is a merged page.

But there is no verification check mark. When you manually merge a G+ page it will show the verified check mark.

Do you suppose this one does not show a check mark because it's one that was auto-upgraded by Google, therefore did not go through the 2nd verification required when you do a manual G+ page merge?

It also has no photo tab even though there are photos? So maybe page is just borked???

What do you think or am I missing something or looking at this wrong?

Very interesting Linda.

I haven't seen this before. I have seen many auto-upgraded pages that do have the verified check-mark.

I'm thinking this is something new, or it's borked, or....

maybe that's how an auto-upgraded page behaves when it's in an account that hasn't been upgraded to G+...?

I'll try to find more examples.

Whew, thanks Colan. Glad I'm not the only one that thought it was odd.

It's just an example I saw that an SEO posted as one of his success stories. So I was simply checking for any new tricks or violations. Then noticed the oddities.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom