More threads by Tyson LinkNow

Tyson LinkNow

Reaction score
Hello,

A bit of a frustrating issue. I have a client who has a former marketing company who is essentially holding the GMB listing hostage. When he calls the company to release his listing, they tell him that they do not have access and can't do anything. However, when we request access they accept our request and then immediately bump us down to "site managers" which does not allow us to properly manage the listing. In this case, is there anything we can do to get ownership of the listing? If the request was rejected we could appeal and claim the listing, but since they are accepting us I am unsure of how we can gain proper access.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm assuming you are requesting access you are doing it as a Manager.

If so, then you need to go ahead and do it as "Owner" to get it away from them. If they approve it, then boom you are the Owner and they are simply a Manager and you can remove them. If they reject it, you can appeal it with phone verification and take it away from them. If they do nothing with it, you can wait 7 days and do phone verification to take it away from them.

Set up an email address with the clients domain I.e. GMB@ and request ownership. Once they grant access and down grade contact GMB support to advise that the marketing company is holding the listing hostage and are refusing to transfer the listing. The listing belongs to the brand and nobody else.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom