More threads by Claire Carlile

Claire Carlile

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I have various posts showing in the front end that haven't actually been made in the GMB dashboard - the business profile is just showing uploaded images as posts.

Example: Preseli Venture - Google Search

1576076255333.png

Thus isn't a post - it's just an image upload - there are quite a few of these showing as historical posts - anyone else having this issue? Thanks! Claire 🎄

Seems like it's the same thing that @Colan Nielsen mentioned on a separate thread here. I still haven't seen this where I'm located (south-central US) but it definitely seems like they're testing something or something is bugged (is there really a difference with Google though?).

Also found it on quite a number of restaurants and other business here in my small town in Canada when I was doing some research today.

It is one type of post from mobile-only. You can't find it on the dashboard from the website view. I have tested myself on this. Quite interesting.
BTW, not quite sure if affected by this update, I have observed images not showing on the map after uploaded since October.

Images not showing on the live Maps listing despite being uploaded has been a very annoying ongoing issue, yes. Typically a quick chat with G Support will get them pushed through manually thankfully.

Make sure to make a post on the GMB Community so we can escalate trending issues :)

Adding a new one is good, and link here please. :)

A little different, but yesterday I noticed a client that wasn't showing any G Posts since 10/31 in the KP, even though they showed in GMB and even had view numbers. Added one and that one showed immediately, but all other posts weren't showing at all when selecting "view all". Then today, they're all back to normal.

Another client today simply doesn't have the "view all" option or any past Posts showing at all, even though there are plenty that have been added every week.. Going to add another and see what happens.

Odd.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom