More threads by iFuse

iFuse

Reaction score
If you do a search for "pediatric dentist noblesville in" only 3 local listings how up and the first 2 are the same practice. Why is this and what causes it?

Also why is it that the search "pediatric dentist noblesville" does not trigger google+ local listings, you have to add the state abbreviation?

Thanks for you any insights.

Chris

Hi Chris, I'm going to answer your questions backwards which will help it make more sense I think.

Also why is it that the search "pediatric dentist noblesville" does not trigger google+ local listings, you have to add the state abbreviation?

Actually for me it does trigger local BUT it's a one box. So essentially that listing:
Pediatric Dentistry of Noblesville has such an exact match name and domain that Google thinks you are searching for that specific Practice instead of doing a generic KW search.

So that gives the whole page to that business and locks the rest out of the pack.

It's a problem that happen a lot but it's not as bad as it used to be. I've made a big stink about it because for several months fake and spammy listings like Plumber Dallas, would lock all the honest businesses out of the pack and score a one box.

In this case if it's a real business and not a fake spammy name, then it's just such a close match to the query that Google things that is what you are looking for.

If you do a search for "pediatric dentist noblesville in" only 3 local listings how up and the first 2 are the same practice. Why is this and what causes it?

It's that same practice with a 2nd listing for a Dr and again Google just thinks it's a really good match due to having KW + City in the name.

Hi Chris, I'm going to answer your questions backwards which will help it make more sense I think.

Actually for me it does trigger local BUT it's a one box. So essentially that listing:
Pediatric Dentistry of Noblesville has such an exact match name and domain that Google thinks you are searching for that specific Practice instead of doing a generic KW search.

So that gives the whole page to that business and locks the rest out of the pack.

It's a problem that happen a lot but it's not as bad as it used to be. I've made a big stink about it because for several months fake and spammy listings like Plumber Dallas, would lock all the honest businesses out of the pack and score a one box.

In this case if it's a real business and not a fake spammy name, then it's just such a close match to the query that Google things that is what you are looking for.

It's that same practice with a 2nd listing for a Dr and again Google just thinks it's a really good match due to having KW + City in the name.

That makes sense, now I am wondering if my client will even have a chance to show up in the pack after we do our optimization. Thanks for the help!

Hmmm that practice listing that scored the one box is not even claimed I don't think, so def the EMD or site strength.

I just checked it to see if it was spammy in case anything to report. Nope.
Even called the number to see if fake name or closed. Nope. It's a real business.

So it may present tough competition but if you give it everything you got there is still a chance! I'd just let the client know what the challenge is.

Here's my post in case it helps to show them.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-important/10000-attack-bad-google-local-one-boxes.html">Attack of the Bad Google Local One-Boxes!</a>

Totally answers my questions I've had about the Local results for "Spring Electrician" awhile back.

In May I noticed that this kw wasn't displaying Local results like it had been. Here is a screenshot from April-

4-9-14 spring electrician local.png

Then in June these were the Local results for "Spring Electrician"-

6-4-2014 - Spring Electrician Local.png

Same address and Listing B's site is "not available".

And here we are today. 7-pack is back but same business still has the A & B spots.

6-25-2014 - Spring Electrician Local.png

I don't think it will last long. Just waiting on Mother Google to take it's course.

4-9-14 spring electrician local.png

6-4-2014 - Spring Electrician Local.png

6-25-2014 - Spring Electrician Local.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom