More threads by Wirenut

Wirenut

Reaction score
I am a small residential electrician, I do service and small installation work. I don't do renovations or new construction, so I don't have pictures of fancy kitchens and bathrooms, I don't do many snazzy chandeliers or things like that. Most of my work is ugly and mechanical, not decorative.

My first question is if pictures actually help my business? I question whether my customer base is looking at the pictures. When I need a plumber or HVAC guy, his pictures are the last thing that I look at.

I also wonder if they help my business from a rankings standpoint? If so, then that would be the reason that I add them.

And finally, I would like your opinion on these pictures. To me they are ugly, but what do you think? Should I put them up on GMB?

I'm sorry to upload so many pictures, I hope this isn't an abuse of the forums space/bandwidth.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.09.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.21 AM.png

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 12.49.06 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 12.47.03 PM.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

I do think that the photos help to show evidence of the sort of work you do, even if to you it seems mundane or boring.

I actually like pictures like this and enjoy looking thru them on electrician forums :ROFLMAO:

My concern is if non-electrician potential customers would like them, or if they were too "industrial" and dirty looking for the average homeowner.

So you think I should them and others like them up on GMB?

I don't think they look either too industrial or too dirty. They look like what an electrician does.

As a consumer and homeowner, I would look at the photos. I would want to see clean units, neat wiring, neatly organized labeling (as in the last photo). I always do thorough research before hiring a contractor and I would particularly be looking for quality work, which you can garner from local listing photos. Though, I may be slightly biased since I work in the local search industry.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom