Pack At The Bottom?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
A colleague of mine pointed this out to me. Has anyone come across a pack at the bottom of the SERP before?

pack at the bottom.png

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Has anyone come across a pack at the bottom of the SERP before?">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/attachments/google-local/1798d1405113046t-pack-bottom-pack-bottom.png">

Linda Buquet

Now that's weird.

If anything, you'd think "headstones" would be at the head of the SERPs.

Haha it's Friday and I'm slap happy. :p

Thanks for sharing Colan!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ji-cT58rgNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Nice one Linda!!

I see it too. Looks like testing. They removed authorship photos to reduce distractions from the ads, and maybe they're considering the same for the local pack. I hope not!

Linda Buquet

Or Yelp's new squawking with that leaked presentation is making them think they should make local less prominent? Hope not that either.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Leaked presentation?

Local has been weird for me lately. Lots of partials going on.

Showing up for city but not city state, vice versa. Showing up for a few keywords but not for others that are very similar ie showing up for painting company but not painting.

This may just be normal and I'm just being barraged with local issues lately. I don't know.

DanLeibson

I think Darren et al are correct that it is a test bucket, as I just did several searches and the pack was the top result for all of them. Poor neighborhood ranking and the pack at the bottom as local SERP experiments does not fill me with confidence in the Goog.