More threads by Janell H

Reaction score
Hi. I am hoping you can help me. My client has 2 separate businesses operating out of the same dental office—

One business for pediatric dentistry (they have their own staff, doctors, signage, phone numbers and business name)

One business for orthodontics (they have their own staff, doctors, signage, phone numbers and business name).

The only thing that’s the same between them is their office address. Their landlord doesn’t want to give them separate suite numbers since they operate out of one office.

Per google’s policies, can I create a listing for pediatrics and 1 listing for orthodontics using the SAME business address (no separate suite numbers)?

Thanks!

I believe so. Your real concern here would be ranking though, as Google could see them as competing.

The wisdom here at the forum that I've read (I've never had this issue) is that both listings need to have a different primary category and no overlapping categories, that way they don't interfere with each other.

@JoyHawkins or @Colan Nielsen will be able to shed more light on this I'm sure.

They would also need separate websites.

As long as they are separately licensed businesses with their own website and primary categories as Joshua and Rich mention then you should be fine.

Ok thanks so much for your help.

I have another client in the same situation—pediatrics and ortho in the same office, but they’re 2 different businesses. And pedo and ortho have the same phone number. Do they need different phone numbers for ortho and pedo?

If you want them to have two different Google business listings, then yes, they need different phone numbers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom