More threads by LocalReviewGuy

Reaction score
Due to a miscalculation on my part I've ended up without Places Scout while they revamp for the web version. I was hoping to get on the beta but haven't heard anything.

Does anyone have any info they can share on when the new Places Scout will be released?

And in the meantime, are there any other options for pulling large sets sorted by their review ratings in Google?

I have Bright Local / Moz and they have their purpose but aren't that useful for prospecting.

Thanks,

Last I heard Feb. I'm supposed to Beta test too but have not heard anything about the Beta yet, so maybe it's delayed. If I get time tomorrow I'll try to remember to email Mark, but I have a crazy day due to the big webinar and a Dentist appt. So if you don't hear anything tomorrow please bump this post on Thurs.

That would be great Linda. I rely on that program daily and I have some concerns how they are handling this transition. FAQ's on there site are outdated, responses are slow and there just seems to be a mystery over what is going on. Ours ends on the 21st and it would be frustrating if this went down till Feb.

Dusty, what are you using it for that Bright Local doesn't provide?

I didn't renew my subscription when they increased prices at my yearly renewal and just use BL.

TY Scout does some things BL does not do or does them better.
And BL does some things Scout does not do or does them better.

I just emailed Mark for an update.

Building a new software program IMO is just like building a new house.
There are always delays and it always takes longer than you think it will to finish the job.

BUT when you build a house you typically don't have the foundation shifting under you and messing up the framing you just did so you have to start over.

I'd sure hate to program around Google's constant changes!

Thanks for helping out Linda. I definitely agree that they both have their place. I find Places more useful for prospecting and digging in deep and BL better for reporting and NAP details. I'm sure others have their different uses as well. But both essential imho.

Folks,

First, I want to apologize for my lack of communication regarding the upcoming release of the new web-based version of Places Scout. I've been so buried deep in code, managing my guys, and trying to get everything working properly for the upcoming launch that i've have lost sight up keeping everyone up to date as to where we are at with everything, and for that i apologize. Will start doing a better job at this ASAP, starting with regular updates on my website.

With that out of the way, I have just created the following page on our website that has the current status of where everything is at regarding the upcoming release of the new web-based version of Places Scout:

https://www.placesscout.com/new-places-scout-online-version-updates

We have started beta testing our new UI this week are looking to launch the new web-based version of Places Scout near the end of this month for certain users on the waiting list and a full public release at the end of February. We will be slowly inviting users to beta test to ensure proper functionality and to help work out any remaining bugs before doing a full public release.

Please visit the above link for additional information regarding the upcoming launch of the new Places Scout online version. From here on out i will be regularly updating that page with additional information as it becomes available.

We have been working extremely hard at making our new platform a reality, and are very close to wrapping up the final remaining pieces.

Here are some sneak peek screenshots:

places-scout-web-1.png

places-scout-web-2.png

places-scout-web-3.png

Looking forward to providing you guys with an amazing new Local SEO Platform in the near future!

Best Regards,
Mark Kabana

Mark, thank you for the update. I know you and your team are working hard. We are looking forward to the new product and have found Places Scout to be very helpful.

Thanks for the update Mark. Looks great! Good luck on the final push. Fingers crossed I make the beta

Just wanted to add a followup to the Places Scout transition. They have really stepped up communication during the transition. Just wanted to say thanks Mark. Looking forward to the launch! I'm sure your pulling your hair out right about now.

Was there an update on this I missed? Last I see is the update on the 14th.

( I don't mean to be whiny or complaining, just need to get my hands back on this GREAT tool as soon as I can. )

Because it's not ready yet Mike.

We've all been waiting for it. Was supposed to be released in January.

I have not gotten a direct update from Mark for awhile so I don't know the current status.

Thanks Ty, I had not seen that. I didn't watch the video, but pricing looks overly confusing, just after a quick glance.

I know Mark is just swamped trying to get this ready for release. Normally he really keeps me in the loop on everything, but he's under pressure to get it all done.

Thanks Ty, I had not seen that. I didn't watch the video, but pricing looks overly confusing, just after a quick glance.

I know Mark is just swamped trying to get this ready for release. Normally he really keeps me in the loop on everything, but he's under pressure to get it all done.

I agree Linda. I understand that flat rate pricing isn't for every business and every platform, but once I get into credits, and this report costs this month, and I have to buy x amount of credits, I usually don't even entertain it.

I'm too busy for all that.

Just gimme a flat rate price and let me subscribe, ya know?

I agree as well and sent them feedback on it. I literally spent 10 minutes looking at it and could not figure out how many credits I would need...

They just turned off access to beta testers yesterday, so should be available to buy any day now. It looks amazing, but I also agree the pricing seems to be a headache. I don't want to use a calculator to figure out my costs.

With anything new though, I am sure it will continue to evolve and get easier.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom